• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

tunning coils

Bones

Mar 29, 2011
IN.
Hey was wanting to know what I can replace the coilsyou spread in the cb's with sorry if this is in the wrong place first time to post
Thanks

If someone spread the coils in the back of your radio, simply push them back together.
Should be just fine.

People spread these coils to remove the filtering these coils provide. They do it because it puts out a few more watts output. The problem is, that the few extra watts it might provide are all nasty harmonics that are transmitting outside of 27mhz. It is a dumb practice to impress the uninformed that their radio is now putting out more power. Power meters can't tell the difference what frequencies are coming through it.

Any radio tech or hobbyist that has been around for awhile already knows this is nothing more than ignorant radio doctoring. Furthermore, it makes the final transistor transmit with an additional and unnecessary load. Just say 'no' to this kind of work!

Just was wanting to make sure that my radio wasn't messed up second hand radio you have people that replace parts to get more watts and modulation so they can bleed over everyone and sound horrible.
My radio is Uniden pc68xl any performance upgrades or improvements welcome.
would like to have best performance out of this radio as possible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.