• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

UNIDEN GRANT PC409 Slow AGC

Is it possible that with the additional final voltage in SSB, the finals are oscillating and that the decoupling caps/modulation meter caps are keeping that oscillation going as they decay when the radio is unkeyed?

Okay got back on the GRANT yesterday, I finished recapping the rig. While I was doing caps I reworked some solder joints. Fired her up and she runs like a champ.
Usually I do sections then power up the rig and check things out. I was in need of parts so I used the few caps I had and waited for the order to come in, that threw me off routine:) Not sure what section was TU.
Anyway she has been running 24 hours and ready to align, (though I doubt it really needs it) I thank you all for your your help. I have learned a lot from this site.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m