• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

What's in your bug out bag?

I've read through most of the threads here and haven't come across bug out bags. I packed my first bag on September 14, 2001. I already had everything I needed except for the bag, so it only took me 15 minutes, the first time.

The thing about a bug out bag is, you want to put everything in it that you can possibly can, just before it rips. Or, maybe wait until you need it, then pack according to the "event", the weather, etc.. But this negates the concept of a bug out bag, which we all know should be ready to go at a moments notice.

I struggle with packing one so I have several. Small, medium, and the back breaker! I start out with basically the same stuff in each one, then add accordingly to each. My first item is a pistol and ammo, then a revolver and ammo. The rest, well, probably most of the basics you would think. Fire starter, water treatment, flashlight, knives and much more... My small bag weights around 24 pounds, the medium bag is in the neighborhood of 40 pounds and the big bag, I have no clue and I'll probably never take it. :ROFLMAO:

So I'm curious, what's in your bug out bag that you think we would all benefit from knowing?

73's
For now - Just radio gear. IC-705, Bionno 20AH battery, 5v adapter to charger phones of other 5v stuff. Several wire antennas, jumpers, misc parts, etc. stored in a Photo back pack.

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.