• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Winter is coming!!!

Man I have to get some of that stuff they are Smoking, it must be good stuff. They say there is only two things that fall out of the sky Bird Poo and Fools but I guess we have to add 2 more 1 LOL

That is just about the most terrifying thing I can think of LOL! When I was 16 or so I fell 80 feet out of a tree while stringing up a shortwave radio antenna. I now have terrible vertigo (and a bad back). The highest I ever climb is to the first floor roof of the house to clean the woodstove chimney...................

I do however love hiking up mountains. The key word being 'hiking'. I don't want to hang from cliff faces to do it !
I've had a problem with heights most of my life, and have no reason why. But seems as if the eyes don't focus right when looking down from heights. Too old to worry about it now.

Reactions: S&W357
I do however love hiking up mountains. The key word being 'hiking'. I don't want to hang from cliff faces to do it !
In my younger days we used to hike to the top of Half Dome, about a 16 mile mile hike with @5000 foot elevation gain up and back, that's about my limit.
The last 400' is on the granite face with steel cables to help you make it to the top.
As far as "waste" goes there are many areas in the back country with no toilet facilities available.
If you are backpacking in those areas you are required to bury any solid human waste at least six inches (15 cm) deep and at least 100 feet (30 m) from water or trails. And pack out any toilet paper.
Pack it in pack it out.

Jeff

All the while you guys are looking for signs of warmer weather, over in Texas we're sweating out nuts off! Matter of fact, it makes one start to question life decisions :ROFLMAO:
We have family around Conroe and Willis that have endured the storms, tornadoes, flooding, and straight-line winds that started back in April, now record heat.
Feel for you guy's dealing with that, stay hydrated.

Jeff

Reactions: whiteastro
We have family around Conroe and Willis that have endured the storms, tornadoes, flooding, and straight-line winds that started back in April, now record heat.
Feel for you guy's dealing with that, stay hydrated.

Jeff
Coming from the world of maintenance the weather has always been a big part of my life planning activity s. Every morning the first thing I check is Weather.com and I see what nature is doing to my neighbors across the country and this old boy can't help feel the pain for my neighbors and what they endure. I'm praying for rain to get my new lawn seeding established and in the mean time I keep watering.

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.