• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

XForce 1KW supply voltage.

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis

XForce 1KW supply voltage.​

img_8426-jpeg.69495

This is gonna be a dumb question but I’m very novice when it comes to amplifiers. Should this be around 13.8 VDC. At the points I circled? Feel free to add other members.

Copied from direct message to me...

Hope attaching the photos clears the photos. The 3 transistors that turn the fans on smoked as soon as it powered on. Just need to figure out what power is supposed to be on the the main power bar. I think it’s set up like a mobile amplifier with a power supply added.
Thanks again.

Might be as high as 16 or 18 volts because it is an unregulated power supply. When keyed, the voltage should sag to 13 or 14 volts depending on the load. Is it wired for 120v or 240v? I don't think it got 120v to the main board, because it would have launched the big capacitors with the bus bars on them. Maybe it's wired 120v and you have it plugged into 240v?

By the way, what voltage do you see measuring at those points?

It is wired 110vac. I will have desolder the wires from the buss bar to test. I’m scared I’ll pop something else. Looks like it’s using two separate transformers on individual setup. I plan on removing the wires and testing the voltage on them later tonight. Just needed to know what I should be seeing.

XForce 1KW supply voltage.​

img_8426-jpeg.69495

This is gonna be a dumb question but I’m very novice when it comes to amplifiers. Should this be around 13.8 VDC. At the points I circled? Feel free to add other members.

Copied from direct message to me...
They used to float at 18-20 and drop to 14-16

I did continuity test across ground to buss bar while the wires were disconnected. Their common so I have a short somewhere. Going to start removing components one at a time until I find the short. Thanks for your advice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.