• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10.240 crystals and a Cheap Old Guy.

nbsr

Mar 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
A while back I was replacing the 10.240 a lot on 360014 boards and lately, more than just one here or there on the 15s and the 6900s. The spec sheet on CB Tricks has the 10.240 HC 49 U at 20 ppm with a load capacitance between 15-50p (Specialtel-Lem who are no longer in business). I found two places selling them (EYCAB10240) for 4 bucks BUT they hammer you with 10 for shipping whether you buy 1 or 10 (now the cheap old guy comes out in me).
Much larger distributors are selling HC 49 US with tolerance of 30 ppm, freq stability at 50 ppm and load capacitance of 18p. Lead spacing is 4.88 mm with thicker lead thickness, but close to the HC 49 U. Price: 48 cents if you buy one and 37 cents if you buy 50 with s&h almost half of the other 2 folks.

Will a HC49 US with the above specs replace the HC49U for < one tenth of the price or is it just wishful thinking?
I realize buying a bunch will keep spread the cost over multiple items, I just don't want to drop 50 bucks for 10 crystals. Also both are AT cut and this this the US spec sheet:
http://cfm.citizen.co.jp/english/product/pr02.html
Any info or a good inexpensive source will be appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.