• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 MeterAM/FM? Does this mean it is a regular CB on AM?

Really now, all you hear is truckers on 10 meters. I really wish this certain segment of hams would cut the b.s. because anyone who monitors the freq above and below 26.965-27.405 ought to know 99% of whats on there is DX'ing with an occasional hunter just above .405 and occasional trucker below .965.
The rest is all DX'ing, with a de-facto system of call signs, q-signals and actual courtesy like there used to be in the ham bands. I suspect that most of the traffic between 27405 and 28000 is not CB'ers that are hams coming up towards 10 meters, but hams that come down from 10 meters.

You guys claim victory when the FCC sends out warning letters to trucking co. News for you, you aint uncle charlie, your "amateur" direction finding attempts far from what the FCC has.

Policing an outdated technology or a dead band of low value spectrum real estate isnt a priority of the FCC these days. I promise you not one cent of the FCC's funding is spent going after violators whos violations are strictly within the 11m band.

Wasnt long ago I read about a ham that was talking on the freeband to his friends in south america, neighbor complained about TVI and FCC located the source of the interference and caught him red handed talking on 27.8something. If he had been operating within his band it just woulda been tough shit for the neighboor, but he was out of band. His punishment, a warning. A year later he started doing it again, would think he would have at least installed some bandpass filters, used a different amp or gave up freebanding (woulda been my option). But he didnt, same shit happend all over again with the neighboor and he got popped for $7,000, not so much for talking out of band but for just being dumb.

So, whats the bandwidth of a typical base or center loaded CB antenna? Most I ran was below 500khz, dropping sharply. My wilson, tuned with center at 27.300, has SWR of 2.5:1 at 28mhz. I think i'll operate within my antenna's bandwidth.

So does it happen, truckers on 10m? I am sure it does but I really doubt the tales I hear of a 11 meter invasion.

(1) Dumbass dont realize his Connex needs to opened up and unlocked to use CB channels, and has no clue that ch.19 is on 27.185 and not 28, more less what 10 meters really is. In his case he'll figure it out soon enough when he cant find nobody to talk to.

(2) RF bleedover from a poorly designed system. Dont them semi trucks use mostly fiberglass now. Overmodulation, high reflected power, and poorly designed class C amps lead to splatter all over the upper part of HF and harmonics therof. Most of this is short range, in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.

(3) Truckers deliberately trying to taunt, piss off and otherwise antagonize hams for good reason. I have heard alot of bullshit said by hams to try and scare truckers, like
a)key up out of band and a space satellite locks in on your position and photographs your trucks letters
b)possession of a 10 meter radio is illegal without a license
c)DMV and weight stations confiscate and ticket for having amps and export radios
and so on and so on.
I think there is more too all this crying about a freeband invasion, someone has a greater agenda and its about alot more than hams trying to keep what is possibly the most economically worthless slice of the RF spectrum.

I do some QSL above 27.405 and i DX on 26.905 as afr as getting in the way of Ham operators ??? I DON'T THINK SO.
Try driving through Tulsa Okla. at night ( I deliver there 5 nights a week ) And all you here are these base stations kicking out 1000 wts bad mouthing Truckers. Now i will admit as i stated on a earlier post, Truckers today have no respect, But that don't give the Idiots of Tulsa who think they own 27.185. A few weeks ago i heard a lady truck driver asking for local info and they walked all over her and said a few words. Soda Pop, Pony Boy and a few others i hear every night. SHAME SHAME. NO MORALS OUT OF TULSA OKLA.

Hmm what pisses me off is we are having a discussion on the local channel(15) and we have some arrogant truck drivers come thru and they won't change their channel!

Like we are joking around and Double Nickel talks about his Dodge Charger, next thing some drivers come in talking about digital log books....with a Texan accent....ugh!

Everyone just squats on the channel.

It's like WTF we got hundreds of thousands of exports on the highways and nobody seems to want to leave the regular "40".

The Coyote hunters had it right, they ditched CB/export radios a long time ago in favor of MARINE fm radios, for hunting channels.:whistle:

It has now changed, And so has everything else. In today's society, There is no REAL TRUCK DRIVERS left around much anymore. Just a new generation that don't have NO RESPECT !!!

Now you know the rest of the story.

73's from an old trucker.

I have come to the same conclusion...I started trucking in 1980, some of things I see never cease to amaze me.... a 53 foot trailer could be practically raking my mirrors as his rear axle is in my lane...the Swift driver just keeps looking ahead, totally oblivious to the fact that the poisons I am carrying could kill a whole bunch of people.

That was today.

Hmm what pisses me off is we are having a discussion on the local channel(15) and we have some arrogant truck drivers come thru and they won't change their channel!

Like we are joking around and Double Nickel talks about his Dodge Charger, next thing some drivers come in talking about digital log books....with a Texan accent....ugh!

Everyone just squats on the channel.

It's like WTF we got hundreds of thousands of exports on the highways and nobody seems to want to leave the regular "40".

The Coyote hunters had it right, they ditched CB/export radios a long time ago in favor of MARINE fm radios, for hunting channels.:whistle:

The only time we ran Ch.15 was out in a small part of Hwy 99 in Bakersfield Ca. You come off of Techaippi Mtn. on 27.185 and then you head north on Hwy 99 and you tune into Ch. 15 for oh maybe 20 mls. And then you go to Ch. 17 when you start to head west on Hwy 46. Any Old time Trucker would remember this California Puzzle. As far as Truckers running your Local Station, Just remember there are still some of us who does have respect to go to another channel.

maybe im wrong. but i completely disagree. most truckers these days
use open coil antennas. and thier class c amps and cut limiters
are to blame for the bleedover.i think they should know how to
stay on cb band and not use the band switch to find a quiet channel.
now if they used fm theres no forward modulation in that mode
id think using fm with a export with limiter intact and
class b or ab amp the bleedover would be much less.imho
i use fm in mobile 2 mobile sitations all the time

You are wrong. You judge people when you should not. I AM A TRUCKER FOR 35 YRS. At least I have the knowledge not to run a crappy Class C Amp. And for your information, My RCI-2950dx the limiter is not cut. And yes i use a open coil Antenna for bandwidth. Now if this makes you mad because i run below the normal 11-meter frequency, Then OH WELL. The only sanity i have after putting up with idiots out there on the highway is I HELP FEED AMERICA Don't disrespect me because i choose to run 26.105 or 26.865 or that i use an open coil antenna or that I AM A TRUCKER. DON'T JUDGE US ALL.

Most truckers in this area, don't have much in the way of radio equipment anymore.
As far as class b or AB amps bleeding less than class c, more nonsense from CBRT making it's way here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.