• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Skip has changed in the summer month for me anyway. Now I hear South East mainly and in the winter it was Texas mainly which I haven't heard much from lately. How has it been for the rest of you, have you noticed a change ?
Last fall and through the winter I could always count on hearing the NE USA, all of Canada, NW USA and normally Florida as well.
Now it's shifted a bit and not even near as good as it was. Now I pick up some in California, Arizona, Missouri, the Carolinas, Georgia and spotty else where. But again, not as good as last year.
I have, and still do, make the occasional trip to Hawaii and down under. This hasn't changed.

Last fall and through the winter I could always count on hearing the NE USA, all of Canada, NW USA and normally Florida as well.
Now it's shifted a bit and not even near as good as it was. Now I pick up some in California, Arizona, Missouri, the Carolinas, Georgia and spotty else where. But again, not as good as last year.
I have, and still do, make the occasional trip to Hawaii and down under. This hasn't changed.
I'm not anxious but waiting for the fall leaf drop and the tilting of the earth to see if Texas comes back into play again. Our hills are covered with trees that are covered by leaves and I'm in a deep narrow valley. I'm no expert but feel that has some effect on signal bounce. At one time I use to get Florida as a main player around here then it dropped out for a while, now I hear them a little. If I get to play the game long enough I might get a handle on it. LOL

I've been in and out of the radio room this morning. Earlier I was hearing a few stations, coming in and out but nothing too good. The one qso I had was 133 in San Diego and he faded within a minute. It's fairly dead for me now. I'm sure conditions will change, as they usually do. Hopefully for the better.

Well I fired up the Ranger this morning around 9am on .385 LSB, Conditions were coming and going,was able to make contacts in Georgia and South Carolina,and the conditions changed course and got faint and weak up here in Central Pennsylvania,hope all of my Radio Friends have a great day today and God Bless you all!!!

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.