• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Most international freeband activity occurs on USB on frequencies ending in '0'.
There is an internationally recognized callsign system in use on USB as well.
LSB is generally used for contacts within North America (and to Europe when conditions are good), and mostly on freqs ending in '5'.
I don't hear many if any needle benders on USB.

There were a LOT of people jamming the Needle bendovers check-in's on several channels.I don't mind them doing it if they stick to 1 or 2 channels but they were from 35 to 27.545 and even in between all weekend !
This just shows the lack of respect that each person says they have, but most don't. So how is this different than the the mentally ill people out there trying to jam up frequencies? This was organized madness, the type they're always bitching about, but will gladly participate in.
Pot? Kettle?

This just shows the lack of respect that each person says they have, but most don't. So how is this different than the the mentally ill people out there trying to jam up frequencies? This was organized madness, the type they're always bitching about, but will gladly participate in.
Pot? Kettle?
Not I. I gave up and went away and did something else lol if I would have started shouting at the madness my wife might look at me funny and start measuring me for the "home".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: whiteastro and Rwb
Not I. I gave up and went away and did something else lol if I would have started shouting at the madness my wife might look at me funny and start measuring me for the "home".
I'm just saying, they could have selected 2, maybe 3 channels. Publicize a few weeks or so ahead of time, and all would be good. At least this would have shown a little courtesy and most people, myself included, would have known they would be clogging up "said frequencies " and we could have let them play their game. I didn't have trouble getting out when conditions were good and I did try to stay out of their way. Sometimes I walked all over them and I heard them complaining. Oh well.....
But it's done and we shall move on. (y):giggle:
73's

I'm just saying, they could have selected 2, maybe 3 channels. Publicize a few weeks or so ahead of time, and all would be good. At least this would have shown a little courtesy and most people, myself included, would have known they would be clogging up "said frequencies " and we could have let them play their game. I didn't have trouble getting out when conditions were good and I did try to stay out of their way. Sometimes I walked all over them and I heard them complaining. Oh well.....
But it's done and we shall move on. (y):giggle:
73's
No I get it. It really was unnecessary to hog all the normally used LSB channels. You would have thought they could have organized something different like have used USB for God's sake.

Last edited:
OH NO! Please don't send them over to USB!! As was stated above, what they should have done is picked one or two frequencies and stayed there.
These guys are a bunch of ham radio wannabes and it's ruining 11 meters. If you want to do day long check-ins and clog up frequencies with contests go get your ham license. Leave that crap off of 11 meters where it doesn't belong.

OH NO! Please don't send them over to USB!! As was stated above, what they should have done is picked one or two frequencies and stayed there.
These guys are a bunch of ham radio wannabes and it's ruining 11 meters. If you want to do day long check-ins and clog up frequencies with contests go get your ham license. Leave that crap off of 11 meters where it doesn't belong.
I actually agree. This idiotic puffery pretending to be real "Operators".
Please. Give me a break. If you're that uptight and want to contest and pretend to be hams, you're fooling no one but yourselves. Get your ticket and leave the lowbrow rag chewing frequencies alone.
Go on and be as special as you think you are.... on the ham band. I may want a ham rig but one reason is so I can notch those lunatics out lol.

Last edited:
Really good to hook up with you a couple of days ago. You said your SWR was 2.5 I think but your station was loud and clear in old S. A. We could have had a. much better QSO without the Needle Bender channel hogs.
Spent the day at the dentist getting 2 teeth implanted. But I'll be back on tomorrow. 73.

399 J. J.
Indeed. Same here. You were plenty loud despite the "knitting needles" screwing up my receive pretty effectively. Yes I've started calling it the "Bad match beam" at @ a 2.5 SWR spose I'll continue calling it that even once I get it fixed. The Nichicon cap and the NTE diode should be here tomorrow but I won't get a chance to mess with the old girl till this weekend. I also have to go in the hospital for an annoying procedure.
Be out that afternoon and prob not as bad as 2 teeth but will probably leave me a little jacked up temporarily probably best not to be waving a soldering iron about lol.
And the antenna will have priority this weekend even then as weather's starting to freeze here so need to get it solved.

Most international freeband activity occurs on USB on frequencies ending in '0'.
There is an internationally recognized callsign system in use on USB as well.
LSB is generally used for contacts within North America (and to Europe when conditions are good), and mostly on freqs ending in '5'.
I don't hear many if any needle benders on USB.
bout all i hear on usb is our southern neighbors and they are long winded but hey they dont act like the irritaters lookin fer attention

Caught this article of news this morning for what it is worth !

So I read the article,I'm assuming that the DX propagation and conditions should really improve next year hopefully if I understand????

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.