• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

The population as a whole has certainly increased, but there are way less people on the radio nowadays compared to back in the heyday of CB.....

I think we have a winner folks ! I agree the internet is the same. It's the reason I'm not on Facebook or any other social media........
Sure, but I would bet that there are more Americans on cb now than most other countries. We are not division two for nothing.

Sidebar for completely random question. @Shadetree Mechanic is that profile pic one of the once famous Centurion Classic extended broncos that definantly wasnt called a bronco from back in the day? Though I think was F250 based?

Last edited:
Sure, but I would bet that there are more Americans on cb now than most other countries. We are not division two for nothing.
I read a few years back that Brazil & Argentina have the most CB radios per capita in the world, followed by the United States.
Philippines, Indonesia, Russia & it's former republics, & Mexico are also very heavy users of CB radio.
Australia is interesting as it has high CB usage, but primarily of it's VHF CB band and not 11 meters.

20231115_103602.jpg
yesterday i got out of my lil tractor n into my ram. on 38lsb was a guy asking for radio checks. i had to say no way the bounce. for 1 time this went funny and ended well. all the way to the cafe for food it was funny. the guy asking even took a shine to the humor. im sure they were from far too.
wish i coulda been home all day enjoying radio,oh does my tractor make my pickup look small?

Sidebar for completely random question. @Shadetree Mechanic is that profile pic one of the once famous Centurion Classic extended broncos that definantly wasnt called a bronco from back in the day? Though I think was F250 based?
Yes, it is my 91 C350. Centurion literally took a crew cab F350 and chopped the frame at the spring hanger and welded the back of a bronco frame to it. It has a fuel injected 460 and 35 inch tires with no lift.

Attachments

• F0aEaGsXgAYS9K_.jpeg
    F0aEaGsXgAYS9K_.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 7
The population as a whole has certainly increased, but there are way less people on the radio nowadays compared to back in the heyday of CB.....

I think we have a winner folks ! I agree the internet is the same. It's the reason I'm not on Facebook or any other social media........
A lot of sickness walks the face of the Earth. Years ago Yahoo Chat rooms finished off my desire for Social Media.
LOL

I read a few years back that Brazil & Argentina have the most CB radios per capita in the world, followed by the United States.
Philippines, Indonesia, Russia & it's former republics, & Mexico are also very heavy users of CB radio.
Australia is interesting as it has high CB usage, but primarily of it's VHF CB band and not 11 meters.
I thought CB's are illegal in the Philippines?

Reactions: Rwb
Today has been awesome so far here in western NC. Had a QSO with #974 on Reunion Island division 173. Europe is booming in. Heard a Ukraine station really good, but the European stations piled on him, so I did not even try.

Had a QSO with Michael, division 30, Charlie India 101 from the southern tip of Spain. He said he was very close to North Africa. That's my first ever contact to Spain. Happy DX!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.