• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Reactions: BC Coyote
Well the radio's been playing all day while I've been around the house or close by.
Here in Missouri we've got Maine, Rhode Island and California coming in.
Managed to contact 117 but he got walked on and I think he was in Rhode Island.

Made it to the French Alps this morning and to Taiwan this afternoon with just my barefoot 5555N2 running straight into my Antron 99 !
Did it with just the 60 watts from the radio as I am temporarily without a working amp........
Proving once again that when conditions are really good you don't need much power at all to be heard worldwide.

Edit to add: I posted this elsewhere.....my recipe for happy radio....

-Mode selector is always in USB.
-I never go below 27.460 MHz
-I heavily favor frequencies that end in '0' as opposed to '5'.
-I monitor 555 from time to time but almost never make a call; I follow interesting stations to their QSY frequency and call them there.

Made it to the French Alps this morning and to Taiwan this afternoon with just my barefoot 5555N2 running straight into my Antron 99 !
Did it with just the 60 watts from the radio as I am temporarily without a working amp........
Proving once again that when conditions are really good you don't need much power at all to be heard worldwide.

-I monitor 555 from time to time but almost never make a call; I follow interesting stations to their QSY frequency and call them there.
I like your recipe for happy radio and it's just plain good advice!

I

Wow ! Turned on the radio this morning and it is totally dead ! Not a trace of a signal anywhere..........even 6 and 38 are just static. And it was such a great radio day yesterday !
Guessing the sun must have burped out something nasty.......
I've had the opposite experience this morning. I've been making contacts non stop. I finally had to take a break. International is hopping too!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.