• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I talked to that Triple One Five as did three other guys nearby to me.

1115 had a consistently strong signal for a lengthy time.

Local friend of mine (38 Special North Carolina)sent me a text message excited saying he just talked to a station in Columbia.

I asked him to call out again and see if he could contact UNIT_399 El Capo in Columbia.

His reply was that’s the guy I just talked to !!

The evening drive wasn't much better than the morning. Talked to 1719 in NY state, 559 in PA, and 2020 in Scottsdale. That last one was local, but I don't get to the Valley much. I did hear a 336 talking about his ladderline to his folded dipole, but I couldn't get back to him to confirm if it was our own UncleRonnie.

Well 11m went apeshit about an hour ago and is still hitting hard into Arkansas tonight. Kentucky, West Virginia, Carolinas, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, pretty much everything east and southeast from me. The best sounding stations are running little to no power, everyone else sounds like they are over driving something. But skip is skip, you take what you get when you can get it.

Even channel 6 ( the stupid bowl ) was dead yesterday. I finally got my kl-200 p hooked up and running in my Expedition just in time to hear the crickets. LOL But at least yesterday I got my new computer and router hooked up and running along with a new 1 year subscription to McAfee Internet security on 3 computers so that was a good thing. Keeps me off the streets !

On 11 meters I've got a receive full of static, hiss, power line arcing noises and some kind of digital brrrrrt sound, but not one single voice. Totally dead band (again).
Pretty dead right across the HF spectrum too, but I did find a couple weak hams on 20 meters talking about a major CME from the sun that is hitting us yesterday and today and screwing with conditions.

Reactions: whiteastro and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.