• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

DX was strong into Colombia today. Made several contacts on 37Lsb. The best was a solid 25 minute uninterrupted QSO with WR477 John about 50 miles east of Seattle in Washington state. His signal was hitting me with a solid 9+ and his audio was crystal clear. Evidentally, our antennas were perfectly aligned, because no one was able to elbow their way in. Good guy. Great conversation. I could get addicted to this.

- 399 J.J.

Conditions were favorable early in the day but turned into a pileup after noon. This evening was rough and tough but was able to plow through the pileup and make a few contacts. The grown kids add to the difficulty or course, some of those guys are something else. At one point my daughter walked in and asked "was that man on the radio singing a nursery rhyme?" Yeah... gets strange on there sometimes doesn't it!

On another note, the 2950dx6 is up to bat now and is doing better than expected. A few audio reports from the locals say they can tell there's a little more powa.
20230930_125020.jpg

Got a quick call back from Ground Control out of DC. That was pretty cool.
Hes a little bit of YouTube famous lol.
Nice cat. Then conditions totalled me. Not bad for being on an omni.
I went to gas up my car last night and heard him on 19. I've talked to him ssb before but nowadays all he wants to do it talk about the sand jawa in southern NM.... I think we're all over hearing the same crap so I don't even attempt a qso with him. 204 seems a little haughty these days as well calling himself big hi-fi audio, just sounds normal audio imo. Deer slayer and street sweeper really do sound hi-fi in comparison and don't boast about it.

If some guys would just get off their pedestals that they put themselves on...

I went to gas up my car last night and heard him on 19. I've talked to him ssb before but nowadays all he wants to do it talk about the sand jawa in southern NM.... I think we're all over hearing the same crap so I don't even attempt a qso with him. 204 seems a little haughty these days as well calling himself big hi-fi audio, just sounds normal audio imo. Deer slayer and street sweeper really do sound hi-fi in comparison and don't boast about it.

If some guys would just get off their pedestals that they put themselves on...
You could very well be correct Eldo, I havent been on much for a few years so I will have to bow to your more current experience. My VQ3 getting totaled seemed to have rejuvinated me. I just enjoyed making it DC on the max2000 plus spacer and hearing a "familiar" voice. (Smaller lighter VQ2 arriving today)

Reactions: Eldorado828
You could very well be correct Eldo, I havent been on much for a few years so I will have to bow to your more current experience. My VQ3 getting totaled seemed to have rejuvinated me. I just enjoyed making it DC on the max2000 plus spacer and hearing a "familiar" voice. (Smaller lighter VQ2 arriving today)
Making the trip is what it's all about my friend.

Tis the season for DX'ing....CQ..CQ..CQ.......CQ....CQ

He doesn't sound like he's from Texas. But then again, we have been getting inundated with refugees from other states, and more so over the past three years.
I call it the great migration! We've got some friends that recently moved here from Cali, I tell them they're part of the big wave coming in from all directions.

They even call themselves refugees from the great migration :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.