• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

That's what isn't working here so far. 16lsb doesn't cut it in this part of the world, too many AM splatter buckets bleeding into that frequency every time @binrat sets it up. The question is what's an alternate frequency that won't raise a fuss.
Idk something random that doesn't attract the bucketmouths. Like 28 USB? I mean I never look there....

It's up to all of you guys where you want to make contacts
I will agree that with this amount of propagation, 35-40 is a train wreck with goofballs, it like this every cycle.
If someone suggest's free band frequencies there is going to be pushback from some because technically it's out of band.
Ch 16 , I have tried several times, did manage to make some contacts, but it is a challenge to work through the AM traffic there.
Then there is the .00's ( 5 kc down) in between the standard 35- 40 , again technically not allowed....
For the members that have access to ten meters there is a whole bunch of frequency real estate up there on several different modes, but not everyone has a ticket.
Do you guys want a poll or?
Maybe @binrat has a idea?
There have been CDX(WDX) events in the past.
It helps when there is a specific date-time so everyone knows when to try like weekends.

Jeff
Maybe start a thread dedicated to the very subject?

Reactions: Brother DXer
Real interesting conditions lately. Today I worked 26WP1115 in the UK (again) as well as 428 in Mississippi (also on a barefoot station) on 36 LSB.

I frequently consider adding a "box" to my little commuter car, but it's a heck of a lot of fun when I can manage to make DX contacts on a legal 4w AM or 12w SSB rig, with a less than optimal antenna, while cruising down the highway.

Yep.. Somewhere I can take a look and see that 399 is going to be on USB40 from 3 pm to 6 pm -time zone- etc, ect..
???
Like this?
This was set up for the DX contests but the link no longer worked as it was outdated.
I edited it and unlocked it so you can just post in that thread when and where you are on the air.
Will that work?

Jeff

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I like this.
Maybe others will chime in??

Thanks @AudioShockwav !!

I went there to check it out. Yes, it definitely works for me. Take a look at it @unit_399 and tell us what you think.

Edit: I selected the "watch" on this thread and will now get notifications whenever someone posts. I'll be posting myself as well.

Last edited:
I had about 15 minutes earlier this afternoon to get on the radio. I made a couple of contacts, 791 in the northern gulf islands and right after that 808 in Delaware called my numbers and we had a great qso. Man, @Shadetree Mechanic sounded like he was in the room with me, and sounding choice!
Thanks for the qso, Chris! It's been a while, but there was a time we were able talked a lot more.

@Brother DXer great talking to you today, I was on 36 because 38 was a zoo. There were some big stations in there for sure. I heard you talking to 791, your Ares 2 and 503 were doing the job and sounding great. I called out to you, hoping that my Ares 2 and RFX95HD could make it through the mix. On sideband, it's great. On AM it is still unusable, it pinches the carrier hard. I have not been able to come up with a solution and will probably take it off and get a 503. I have been hearing lots of DX from Texas in the past few weeks, and it will only get better. Catch you on the DX.

73 and 51

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.