• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Not the best day here, but not terrible either.

I heard a couple different WDX stations on 27.400 LSB (945 Michigan & 134 Nebraska). Called both multiple times but couldn't make contact due to the so-so conditions and the congestion on the channel.
That frequency had multiple lengthy conversations going the entire time I was on today, so not the quietest channel LOL.

I did manage a handful of contacts around the US and Canada, and a couple of stations in Alaska before family came visiting and I had to get off the radio for the day.
Alaska has been a daily visitor here for the last few days, and with nice strong signals too. I've always enjoyed talking to those far northern stations and during the 1999-2000 skip cycle I had a regular radio sched with a lighthouse keeper at Point Hope, which is the most Northwesterly tip of Alaska......WAY up there !

Reactions: Eldorado828 and Rwb
I could hear everyone from my MN to Sweden and couldn't make contact with a single soul. Quite depressing.
144inBama I can feel your pain. I had stations booming in from the west coast, east coast and Europe but none of them could hear me trying to get back to them. Hopefully today will be better.

Last edited:
Made some pretty good contacts so far today on .445 and .155 LSB:
WDX 226 Brother DXer
WDX 917 Forest Runner 98
9 Tango Mike 023 in Canada near Vancouver.......
Always great to make contact with my WDX Brothers and meet new people also.....as of 2:32 pm up here in Central Pennsylvania, conditions seem to be quieting down at the moment, maybe they'll pick up later this evening!!

73's

Where are these f-tard wanna be radio dj's out of ? Runined 38lsb for a good part of the day. Its odd that the music playing stops for some radio personality out of texas then when hes done it starts back up. Pretty sad forsure. Looking forward to changing conditions so some others can deal with these radio dj wannabe as im sick of them all.

I simply avoid 38 & 42. There are hundreds of other frequencies to talk on and most of them are free of those idiots. It's a much nicer radio experience away from those two channels.
Today I have been on 16 LSB and made contact with several other WDX members which was a blast. And we didn't have to listen to the 111111 guy or any hate and discontent.

I simply avoid 38 & 42. There are hundreds of other frequencies to talk on and most of them are free of those idiots. It's a much nicer radio experience away from those two channels.
Today I have been on 16 LSB and made contact with several other WDX members which was a blast. And we didn't have to listen to the 111111 guy or any hate and discontent.
I agree bc but one would think that if these clowns were in my state wouldn't the wagon be circled ? Sickening

The FCC and it's Canadian equivelant ISEDC haven't given a shit about anything between 26 and 28 MHz for a couple of decades now. And for most other people CB is a relic from the 1970's that they could care less about.
For the most part that's a good thing, but it does give the idiots free reign to do what they want. Luckily, they can't function without an audience, which is why they conglomerate on 38. There's a large captive audience monitoring the channel.
They also get what they want there, which is attention. They're just big children.

Im not talking about fcc or any governing bodies. Here in Ontario canada if we had a clown(s) that caused that type of crap the locals here would see that the clown is shut down. I could tell you stories how these idiots have been dealt with in the past lol. I guess these days everything is ok and no one has the nads to take them off the air. Oh well.. guess now we just let them do this crap and we just find a quiet channel..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.