• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Headed out before sunrise this morning, I could hear England, Netherlands, and Germany, but they couldn't hear me. Headed back home about sunset and I could hear Australia, but again, they couldn't hear me.

I did talk to 454 in Pennsylvania, someone in Michigan and one other guy in Kentucky on the morning drive. So conditions were... weird.

Reactions: unit_399
Great conditions the last couple days ! Making lots of contacts, but the highlight for me was this morning when I talked to Derek, 030, out of Limerick Ireland on 26.805 FM!

Only the second time I've made it into Europe on FM mode;
It's easy on sideband, but doing it on FM is a challenge.........especially from the West Coast of North America.
7,200 kilometers with140 watts into an A-99.

Heard tons of other Canadian and U.S. stations working him as well.

tshows -

Thanks for the reply. I was in and out of my shack all day, and usually stopped for a few minutes to check out conditions. Sorry that I didn't get back to you, but weekend pileups are monsterous here, I will be on-the-air tomorrow all day. Channels 36 and 37. I will listen for you. 73.

- 399 J.J.
Hello JJ. I heard you briefly this morning on i think 36/37 lsb. I am in ontario canada and looking to make DX contact with you. I was listening for you again b4 calling out but the freq was busy.
Very best, Jeff 426 Ontario Canada.

tshows -

Thanks for the reply. I was in and out of my shack all day, and usually stopped for a few minutes to check out conditions. Sorry that I didn't get back to you, but weekend pileups are monsterous here, I will be on-the-air tomorrow all day. Channels 36 and 37. I will listen for you. 73.

- 399 J.J.
J.J.

Conditions were the best for me today. I made a few contacts but it was tough. Thank you for the reply and hopefully it won't be to long till we can make contact. Have a great week.

Didn't get on the air until 4 PM EST yesterday. Still, enjoyed a lot of good DX. Wisconsin, Ontario, Nebraska, Ohio, Florida (several contacts), Texas, Idaho, Oregon, Virginia, North Carolina. No trash talkers or 1111111 guys on any freqs. A real surprise for a Saturday. Gonna do it again late afternoon (4pm or So) today. I'll be listening for WDXers. Listen for me.

- J.J. 399

Didn't get on the air until 4 PM EST yesterday. Still, enjoyed a lot of good DX. Wisconsin, Ontario, Nebraska, Ohio, Florida (several contacts), Texas, Idaho, Oregon, Virginia, North Carolina. No trash talkers or 1111111 guys on any freqs. A real surprise for a Saturday. Gonna do it again late afternoon (4pm or So) today. I'll be listening for WDXers. Listen for me.

- J.J. 399
I heard you on yesterday evening, but I couldn't quite make the trip. Most of my contacts were in the morning coming from Canada and the east coast.
I'll be in the radio room on and off today and will make a point to be listening for you and all other WWDX brothers today.
73's

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

- J.J. 399
I heard you on 36 yesterday, but I could not make the trip. Will try again today.

Reactions: Brother DXer
Just had a nice,but very brief qso with my Friend Brother Dxer 226 out from west Texas, unfortunately the conditions were being kinda of squirrelly ( that's just Nuts, LoL) but hey we were able to make contact........hope all of my WDX Brothers out there have a great day today DXING and so forth,etc....Off to have Lunch with my kid's and my Dad,I'll be on later after 2pm.......

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.