• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I got a Spirit Lift yesterday when I was running my McKinley-5000 Performer-KL 203 P while talking to a operator in Houston. He kept dumping flowers on my radio saying it was sounding great & hitting him with with a 9. Makes you want to try more after shouting out and Not getting any responds. I heard him talking to another operator that I couldn't hear about how good I was sounding. But then as suspected I lost them as I headed down into the lousy valley where I live. It sure keeps the interest alive when you start to have success. Now I have to try to be a better operator and remember to ask for their call numbers. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

Reactions: Keto
Who has the best price on the West Mountain Radio CLR Speaker ?? $219.00 is a bit stiff for a speaker.
- J.J. 399
I've been looking at those for about the last week and was interested because the quad 6 could use some help.

As to your question, I remember those being about 40 to 50 bucks less a few years ago but it seems post covid has driven that price no matter where you look. I've looked all over and even the bay for a used one but nada that I want to pay for.

My wife calls it shrink-flation. Bread costs more and you get thinner slices and that seems to apply to everything.....

I haven't been on the radio in over a week. Been fighting a bug I picked up 8 days ago, but hopefully I'll get some this weekend.

Yes, I was on yesterday for about 30 minutes and made a handful of contacts before losing my voice. Conditions weren't great but doable if you wait it out. I did hear @Eldorado828 knocking 'em down in his new mobile setup. :cool:
73's
I hear you about fighting a bug,I ended up leaving work early on Friday and called off work today and went to the doctor, found out I have a nasty viral infection, been sleeping a lot and just taking it easy this weekend,hope your feeling better Brother Dxer.......not sure if I'll be on the air on Sunday but if I am it'll be on 38 and 40 LSB after 9am EST.

73's

Reactions: Eldorado828
I hear you about fighting a bug,I ended up leaving work early on Friday and called off work today and went to the doctor, found out I have a nasty viral infection, been sleeping a lot and just taking it easy this weekend,hope your feeling better Brother Dxer.......not sure if I'll be on the air on Sunday but if I am it'll be on 38 and 40 LSB after 9am EST.

73's
That's no good! I hope you get past this soon, my friend.
Yes, I'm on the tail end of it now.

Just talked to @unit_399 in Columbia on ch36. Always great making contact with you, that Cobra 138 is dialed in for sure.
73 and 51
Had a brief contact with 399 JJ earlier. The noise was really bad, but we made the connection between antennas work for a short time. Always good to hear another forum member on the air.
Great hooking up with both of you. It seems like forum members always have the best sounding stations. . . at least on my receive.

- J.J. 399

That's no good! I hope you get past this soon, my friend.
Yes, I'm on the tail end of it now.
I had something after going to my grand daughters basketball game a couple weeks ago that kicked my butt Royal. The first couple days I was either in bed or on the toilet. I had to call the VA clinic to get some antibiotics and decongestants to help me kick it Worse case I remember seeing in a long time. I got nothing done. Thank God most of the time I stay out of crowds. Be Well

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.