• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

13 meters. who uses it?

Staybolt

Mar 20, 2013
Who uses the band between 21.450 to 21.850? Some guys are talking about talking on 13 meters on Facebook.. I doubt its legal! :glare:

i have never used it. I have tuned through there a time or 2 but don't remember ever hearing anything. But I have never seen it on a band plan. Maybe other countries use that band.

kj4unx

Reactions: 2 people
i might check it out sometime. I have been listening for years for unauthorized transmissions on shortwave, "echo-charlie" they call it, and have found none (outside of 11 meter freeband). 13 sounds kind of pointless, just another sunspot propagation band, better than 11 meters but not much.

Well if you don't have a license to transmit on that band then it IS illegal. 13m is an international shortwave broadcast band. It IS allocated as such.

Shortwave bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks Cap'n. I always wondered about the shortwave bands but never looked them up. I have a couple Freq. I tune to to listen. But that is about it. Well time to listen to radio Havana to see why us Infidel Americans are so bad.

kj4unx

Yeah some guys on Facebook are bragging about being on there running converted ham gear and linears... Only time will tell until they get caught!

Thanks Cap'n. I always wondered about the shortwave bands but never looked them up. I have a couple Freq. I tune to to listen. But that is about it. Well time to listen to radio Havana to see why us Infidel Americans are so bad.

kj4unx

They despise us because our toaster over technology far exceeds theirs. They're years away from getting convection fans in theirs. :tongue:

Thanks for the link. I don't participate in freebanding but I do find it interesting. Occasionally I like to listen to the conversations there. I find it amazing how most people there are having a casual conversation while potentially racking up such a large fine. It also amazes me how much more civilized some of the freebanding can be by comparison to some CB activity.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.