• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148gtl mod 1990

Upper and lower freqs and a band switches i suppose? What is the frequency range?? Just curious. They are nice radios and actually even nicer when they haven't been touched at all!! But for the money you spent as long as the radio works properly you did fine for $40. Have fun with it!!

for the channel mod you have to cut 2 traces depending on what channels was wanted. just use it as it is as camero1 mentioned. most shops charge 50.00 to put channels in a radio. some even more.

The resistor on the clarifier B+ wire decreases slide (or can drop +13.8V down to +8V), the capacitor helps stabilize that voltage out of the resistor. Very weird mod, almost looks like they tapped directly to the +13.8V.... can't tell 100% for sure, tho. Would need a better closeup pic of the cap/resistor and where they are soldered to.

Obviously, the easiest way to get +8V is to either tap off of pin 3 on the MB3756 voltage regulator IC, or go to the + side of C84, which is the +8V feed for the PLL control voltage.

~Cheers~

Attachments

• 20161022_192126.jpg
    20161022_192126.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20161022_192207.jpg
    20161022_192207.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
I Have a question the clarifier was off about 9 oclock so i aligned the clarifier to the centered was i wrong to align the claifirer back to centered?
Depends if the clarifier's freq range has been extended or not. Normal range is about 1200hz lock to lock. If the freq range has been extended well beyond that, then the clarifier center won't be on center. However, if the clarifier freq range is normal, then USB/LSB/AM can be centered w/o a problem.

Regular cb frequency was at 9 oclock so i centered it and aligned it for proper cb frequency,the mod i showed in this thread seems like some sort of frequency mod?

I will be putting up a youtube video so can someone see my problem as i lost am power as well but then i checked ic4 all voltages are correct its strange there is not am power now and no modulation but it does recieve.i really dont know where the clarifier wires goes as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.