• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1st QSL !!!!!

Skip was thick today, to say the least. I was tuning into some guys on mobile rigs talking ssb on CB ch16. They sounded local so I broke for a radio check. I have only yet talked to my wife and neighbor in their cars on AM. The one guy comes back and says he's in Los Angeles. It blew my mind...wow this is cool!!! No amp, just my new ground plane antenna, old President Washington radio and an amplified d104

I found myself on CB 38 LSB where the circus was just starting.

I made contacts in Southern CA, Daytona Fla, NW Oregon

I could do without that "Day by Day" guy. I was gonna suggest he try getting out of his rut like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day. But I'm nicer than that.

So if you hear the #0056 in East Central Minnesota DXing ...Hi

i was blasting Florida about 12-1:30 pm East Coast time All by myself before California rolled in. I gave "Radio 2000" 9 pounds in Daytona Beach and #199 in South Florida. Then it got real messy. I heard you too reddog45 for sure. I just couldn't pick out who was talking to me after the wEST cOAST ROLLED IN. 959 A MOBILE HERE IN mINNESOTA WAS DOING REALLY GOOD TOO

I heard a couple stations from Arizona too. I shot for them but nobody called back.

Others complain if you DX on other channels but there are some real bean-heads that just converse on 38. I wanna choke out the long winded yahoos out there that think we want to hear God's word on 38 LSB, about the dang San Fransisco Giants or any sponge-head that says "AHHHHHHHHDEEEEEEOOOOOO" and/or adjusts their mics.

If somebody here is doing the Day after Day day by day thing...please stop it, forever. Yaaaaay DX Trolls. Why are there always people who think it's funny to ruin something for everybody else? Where they abused as children? It's certainly some kind of socio-psychopathy. Do they wet the bed? Cruel to animals? Do they still like the band Twisted Sister?

By the way #783 SoCal. if you are on this forum...when you fire up that boot of yours, I gotta swing my clarifier to almost 3 O'Clock to tune you back in and it sounds like mud. I heard you without the boot. If your goal is to wipe out the Western Seaboard Mission Accomplished. Keep it short please. More fun for everybody.

Omni-directional Antennae wont let you ignore anything

Last edited:
honest to goodness, the guys that just converse on (38) 27.385 sideband blow my mind. You know they have their squelch up.

2 in particular in Florida friends of "792 on the sand-pile".

This is not the place to test your mic.

I'm changing from #0056. There is another DXer in Southern MN #005. It really confusing.

So I'm Gopher Radio 500 now.

Last edited:
i started at 8:45 East Coast time.

First contact with 654 in Chicago

159 Bermuda
375 England
41 voice of Canada
275 UK
2272 Scotland
49 Daytona Beach Fla,
Modulator and Bartender in Ft Myers Fla. Its nice to talk to you but find another channel than 38 LSB to converse with your locals when the skip is rolling please.

I heard a 505 on the Coast of Cal.

No amplifier folks

Last edited:
Damn I missed mr day after day again! I was busy on 10m, europe and south africa were coming in pretty good.

I haven't had the (dis)pleasure of hearing "day after day after day, the same old thing" in a few years!

You may not of had conditions to them. Sometimes it's frustating when you can hear them so good and they can't hear you...try them again and again, and then move on to another.

I know they are going to have a world contest on nov 10/11 and 24/25 on 27.595

so tune up for that, hope conditions are cooperating.

listen to this young ham operator working a contest:
Amateur Radio Station LZ1KPP op. Desislava Latinova 12 years old - YouTube

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.