• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 meter quad + vertical plan - opinions please

The video simply showed the boom rotating inside the sleeve which was done by hand just to show the mechanics of it. The two bolts to the right of the mast were for tying a rope to and the operator would pull on one rope to rotate the boom one way and another rope to rotate it back. A poor idead really as it means two ropes hanging down from God knows how high and the boom is loose and sloppy in the sleeve. I can't imagine having two ropes hanging from a rotatable array.

I was thinking about mounting the quad so that I could manually change it's polarity from Vertical to Horizontal..

well, no one has mentioned this yet,.... why not reconfigure the director nearest the radiator into a second radiator?

feed one from the bottom and the other from a corner using 2 feedlines ans a switch,..... instant V/H switching.

most of your operating will be horiz, feed the origional radiator for horiz, use the "new" radiator (with one less director) for vertical repeater work.:pop:

One of the locals here homebrewed a 2 meter 5 element quad.

He is feeding it in the corner so it is per say half vertical half horizontal polarization.

Switching from my 5/8 wl colinear to the 13 element yagi horizontal I do not see much differance in his signal, gain of yagi excluded.

He uses it for local repeater use and for ssb.

5 foot sounds about right for distance of the gp above the yagi. Five feet above the tip of the yagi element not the feed point.

The idea is to keep the gp out of the aperature or capture area of the yagi.
I have my 2 meter yagi 6 feet above the 6 meter beam, not ideal but can only use so much mast pipe. the the 5/8 wl colinear is 5 feet above the 2 meter yagi. Seems to be working out ok.

good reading on stacking yagis is here

VHF/UHF Long Yagi Workshop

Best of luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.