• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 mtr fm contest

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
I see ARRL is having a 2 mtr fm contest I believe in JANUARY, it is on simplex frequencies only, it should be interesting since 2 meters is some what silent and the commercial companies probably would like to have a chunk of it if they could..
DOCTOR/795

Reactions: 1 person

That will be interesting. I've only got 5w for FM, but I'll give it a whack. Hmm...I'm seeing this in January: January VHF

Looks like 50Mhz and up. Should be fun.

I see ARRL is having a 2 mtr fm contest I believe in JANUARY, it is on simplex frequencies only, it should be interesting since 2 meters is some what silent and the commercial companies probably would like to have a chunk of it if they could..
DOCTOR/795

dont know about an fm only contest on simplex freqs, but what vagrant posted is THE contest that 6 & 2m guys wait for. actually 1 of 3 arrl contests plus 1 cq contest that they wait for. as for fm, i've never heard any fm-contest activity, just ssb. all 3 (4) give the opportunity to work a different type of propagation (hopefully), with the january contest POSSIBLY allowing e skip, tropo, & (unfortunately probably NOT this year,) f layer. depending on antenna & receiver, 50-100 watts allows for contacts out as much as a few hundred miles occasionally.

hmmmmm......due to hurricane sandy & subsequent nor 'easter/snowstorm, i'm 2 issues behind each on qst & cq, plus 1 cq-vhf. add to that over 2000 un opened emails....i guess there is an fm vhf contest....for entry level vhf contesters????

'Now is the time to get prepared for the new categories in ARRL VHF+ contests discussed in the previous issue: FM-Only and 3-Band. Aimed at entry-level VHF+ contesters, take the opportunity to publicize these categories in your local club newsletters, meetings, and online discussions'-directly from the arrl's member newsletter.....

oh well....fm???????

im on 145.52 sim and 50.125usb and 52.525fm all the time...

NOFME....never on fm ever ;) between 125 & 130 if there's a chance :)

Due to Sandy..
I have to get a new antenna farm.

i put mine back up....twice within 5 days. we'll see how far into the winter they stay up....spring is just 4 short months away :( i said they're up, all the mounting apparatus needs attention, you can only bend masts & tripods back into shape....never

on the sandy shores, iota na-026, only problem is, on oct 28 2012, i was was not as close to the waters edge as i ended up on oct 29th ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong as my memory is surely failing...but did'nt there
used to be a rule on field day that 146.52 and "it's guard channels" were
off limits? Wonder if that still applies, and if it would pertain to fm contesting?

73, Keith

NOFME....never on fm ever ;) between 125 & 130 if there's a chance :)

i put mine back up....twice within 5 days. we'll see how far into the winter they stay up....spring is just 4 short months away :( i said they're up, all the mounting apparatus needs attention, you can only bend masts & tripods back into shape....never

on the sandy shores, iota na-026, only problem is, on oct 28 2012, i was was not as close to the waters edge as i ended up on oct 29th ;)

OMFG!!!! AGAIN!!! 60+ mph winds last nite & this morning removed my 2 & 6 m stacked loopss & my maco v5/8. and i think i'm another foot ccloser to the water!!! oh well, back up to the roof again sunday.

Well if things go right, I am going to have a stacked set of cushcraft 215's up with 160 watts and see what I can do in it.

Funds are low and I need to get a new rotor for the tower and antennas so I can get this set up going...... Good luck all

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.