• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

25Mhz odd stations...

And anyway the INTENT of the regulations is to forbid one from repeating the content of (can't listen to this) transmissions to any other third parties.

Personal listening to anything in your home? Enforcement is impossible.

unless you have one of those #369-69 receiver triangulator detector kits from radio shack

I know a group of cbers around St genive and Bonne Terre and Old Mine just south of St Lpuis Missouri run on 26890am...They run on ch14 till the dx gets bad.I never go down there,if there is some dx you will find me on 10 or 12 or 6mtrs...hehe 73s de JW

And anyway the INTENT of the regulations is to forbid one from repeating the content of (can't listen to this) transmissions to any other third parties.

Personal listening to anything in your home? Enforcement is impossible.

unless you have one of those #369-69 receiver triangulator detector kits from radio shack

Good point, coulda shoulda woulda

What is happening is M.U.F. which is maximum usable frequency. The MUF hasn't reached up to the 11 meter band.

HFRadio.org - Propagation - Maximum Usable Frequency, MUF Basics - high frequency radio

I read that link and all I got out of it was a headache. :headbang:censored::headbang

What I dont get is how he is hearing a 97.9 frequency on a 25 frenquency device. Is this splatter or just some freakish event. I will be the first to admit I am not the brightest star in the sky, but I am definitely confused here. :confused:

Its an uplink, that means it the studio audio transmitted "a short distance" to the main FM transmitter station building, I also wanted to note that the same station is on two AM frequincies, the only reason I can think is that its a stereo uplink with right on one frequency an left on another?

T23

I read that link and all I got out of it was a headache. :headbang:censored::headbang

What I dont get is how he is hearing a 97.9 frequency on a 25 frenquency device. Is this splatter or just some freakish event. I will be the first to admit I am not the brightest star in the sky, but I am definitely confused here. :confused:

The broadcaster is using a 25MHz frequency to link their studio to their transmitter site.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.