• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950dx CD

So there is no need for the alignment?
Not in the sense because 11 meters had a conversion done it has to be aligned for that band, that's an old CB shop scam.

Will it be within factory spec's power wise? Mine wasn't.

Will it be on frequency for TX/RX on SSB? Maybe, it should at least be close. Mine is close enough.

If you don't feel comfortable or know how to check and do this yourself, then it may be a good idea to have a knowledgable shop do it.

Stay away from swing mods, RX mods and all the other gimmicky stuff. You said you prefer SSB, keep it clean, you know that!

By the way, there is no 11 meter mod and alignment. It comes with an E-chip that plugs in behind the LCD screen. Plug it in and your done!
Do you know what Ranger authorized repairer told me? They told me that after I fitted the e-chip I should have got the radio aligned since it was not setup to work on 11 meter in the first place, I hope they were not paving their way to deny my warranty claim.

Do you know what Ranger authorized repairer told me? They told me that after I fitted the e-chip I should have got the radio aligned since it was not setup to work on 11 meter in the first place
That's a laugh!

Be careful what you say if asked about any tampering on your part. Best to say that's the way I got it.

That's a laugh!

Be careful what you say if asked about any tampering on your part. Best to say that's the way I got it.

I just told them the truth, sent them the pic on day two of ownership , observing of the deadkey being 250W and told them I lowered the deadkey to the ballpark correct values. Left a nice polite note inside the package for the tech to read with my observations and concerns.
Your PM tab dont work.

I just told them the truth, sent them the pic on day two of ownership , observing of the deadkey being 250W and told them I lowered the deadkey to the ballpark correct values. Left a nice polite note inside the package for the tech to read with my observations and concerns.
Your PM tab dont work.
You did it right!

Not sure how to set PM, can't find any PM settings.

To get a radio ootb that is on freq is rare but not impossible; usually fairly close. It isn't much of a real consequence that I've seen personally. But if you are a dedicated SSBer, then having a radio on freq or very close can be a big deal. OTOH, getting a used radio can be a real can of worms.

Just talked to Bobscb they said this radio tis taking the place of the top gun quad 5. They said same radio ..........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.