• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2970n2 issue

Big.A

Oct 10, 2012
i had a 2970n2 and it worked fine for a couple weeks but then the receive would drop after i would unkey it i could still hear people but it was like someone turned the volume down and a relay was staying on but if i would just barley touch the power or ground coming from the back of the radio the relay would unkey and but touching the power and ground wire didn't always unkey the relay and when the relay would stay keyed the radio would get crazy hot so i wanted to know was the amp staying keyed? i didn't lose all the receive though i sold the radio a while ago but i'm just wondering what the problem was

Sounds like you have a ground issue in your setup.

yeah im not sure what it was but the swr is 1.1 on chan 1 and 1.3 on chan 40 8 gauge going straight to the battery i had it in my old ford ltd and in my s10 same issue so it was inside the radio i know that

Sounds like the amplifier is going into self oscillation... I would check the amp board to see if it has the two feedback boards in it...some of the early 2970n2's didn't and caused alot to blow up when they would self oscillate and finally destroy then it costs ya 8 irf520's lol

Sounds like the amplifier is going into self oscillation... I would check the amp board to see if it has the two feedback boards in it...some of the early 2970n2's didn't and caused alot to blow up when they would self oscillate and finally destroy then it costs ya 8 irf520's lol

yeah i got it brand new from coppers about a year and a half ago before they did the display change and i asked around after i sold it to see if it was a bad batch or what and was told it was i really want to get another one or the RCI FFB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.