• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2lbs of static for a week now

airplane1

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Lebanon county PA
I have 2lbs of static on 15 and 12 meter bands here in PA. Any one else have alot of static on these two bands? It has been like this about a week, All other bands are clear.

AP

how about an S9 on 80M. i think the neighbor bought a new TV :( or the October snow storm did more damage to the dipoles then first thought.

Sent from my Incredible.

The new LED street lights in my neighborhood give me 2-S units of noise after dark on the 10 meter band

:LOL: well last night on Kauai, there was dead silence. I mean no static @ all, ZERO, NADA, ZIP. We were still talking to each other locally thou.

Can some Radio GURU walk us thru what was happening.

:LOL: well last night on Kauai, there was dead silence. I mean no static @ all, ZERO, NADA, ZIP. We were still talking to each other locally thou.

Can some Radio GURU walk us thru what was happening.

Maybe solar flares? I am no Guru but the flares sure can make comms difficult.

Reactions: 1 person
iv been lucky no jibbirsh qrm 10m,20m,80m pretty quiet.
maybe i forgot to plug in my coax? :-O

dunno 'bout no flares, but,................. those Xmas lights :censored: can be a pain

By solar flares I meant the count is low, as is SFU activity, thus the decline or no propagation or very little dx, all is quiet on the home front per say. It will flare up again whenever mother nature decides to become active.:pop:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.