• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3 K Plus

paws264

Apr 6, 2005
I have a friend who needs a good wattmeter; I would like to be able to offer him another alternative to the Bird 43P.

His power levels run between 3 and 5. Has anyone had any experience and can anyone recommend something?

Are you looking for an alternative due to price?

One that seems to be getting alot of praise is the PowerMaster meter which was the VFD meter sold by RF Applicatioins at one time.

Or even Coaxial Dynamics peak meter etc....

that 4520 sure looks like a lot of fun !! .....damn !! it must be totally nice to have that kind of scratch for those kinds of toys !! ....1200.00 big ones !! Come on Lotto !!

You know, here's the funny thing, the guy made an investment in an 4-K amp but cannot "afford" to buy a Bird. How's about some low end recommendations.

Paws, I hear you! People wil dump big bucks for a horrible RCI radio or clone (Galaxy, etc), a BIG amp (when a small one will do just fine) and then follow this up with a $50.00 A-99 or a $90.00 Imax-2000.

See my signature below!!!!

Good post Paws!

Master Chief said:
Paws, I hear you! People wil dump big bucks for a horrible RCI radio or clone (Galaxy, etc), a BIG amp (when a small one will do just fine) and then follow this up with a $50.00 A-99 or a $90.00 Imax-2000.

See my signature below!!!!

Good post Paws!

How true. My neighbor 2 miles away runs a Galaxy saturn and an 8 tuber doing 800 watts with an Antron 30' up. I stomp him with 100 watts every direction with LMR400 and an I-10K 93' up.

The Palstar WM150M has worked well for me..... I run my 12 pill on 16 volts into it everyday, and no problems...

The 12 on on a peak reading meter does 3K easy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.