• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

36 amp power supply

Yes it will. I had one of those amps and power out if you drive it correctly is a little over 100 watts and power draw less than 20 amps.

Looking at getting a Megawatt power supply, I believe the 36 amp as well. Going to use it to power my Uniden radios and a RM 203 or my Magnum s45HP. So I'm guessing that will do the job. In a couple of months I may buy a Alinco Sr8t for listening and to see if ham radio would be something for me.
I live in a townhouse with a small patio so I will need to go with some sort of a stealthy antenna.

Looking at getting a Megawatt power supply, I believe the 36 amp as well. Going to use it to power my Uniden radios and a RM 203 or my Magnum s45HP. So I'm guessing that will do the job. In a couple of months I may buy a Alinco Sr8t for listening and to see if ham radio would be something for me.
I live in a townhouse with a small patio so I will need to go with some sort of a stealthy antenna.

I have used everything you listed with my Astron 35M and it works fine. I have even run a radio and a TS250 together with no trouble.

Reactions: codeman
Yes the MegaWatt 36 amp power supplies will run most 2 pill amps. I've ran a magnaforce 350hd with 2 2879's Toshiba transistors. It had full output no problem! No voltage drop either. And the radio was being used as well on the same supply. I now use it to run my Icom 746 at approx 13.85vdc. Works very well and have not had any issues with it other then having the clean the fan occasionally. And that is as simple as pulllig it out and cleaning and adding a drop or two of oil to it. Replace and keep on trucking!! Good PS units for the money for sure!!! Mine has been a workhorse for me and after 3+ years of use is still as good as the day I got it. This is just my own experience with the MegaWatt power supplies. The China clones I don't know much about. I'll leave it at that. Hope this might help. Have a good one.

For $110.00 you can get the 50 amp power supply. I have one of the 50's and two of the 36's. I hate to admit it but I have abused the 36's and they still work just fine. Also customer service is pretty good too.

Nice thing about the Megawatt's is that you can safely stack 'em for more current if needed in the future (*as long as they are in business **this feature may pertain to similarly sized units only)

A local operator just got the 50a that I recommended. Works well he said and it's got some wiggle room for his current set up (y)

Reactions: 222DBFL
I run my Galaxy 94 on a MegaWatt 30A. Also has plenty of juice to power up the Yaesu 757GX2. Like 222 said, I have mine set up right at 13.76 volts.

Duribility has been good, I have had mine a little over a year, and no issues.

Just my $0.02.

All these posts and nothing bad to say about the MegaWatt PS's. Great reviews from people that actually own them and use them on a daily or near daily basis. Not trying to say they are the best by any means, but for the money they are a great power supply that dont cost an arm and a leg. JMHO's.

Reactions: Hurricane95
All these posts and nothing bad to say about the MegaWatt PS's. Great reviews from people that actually own them and use them on a daily or near daily basis.
222DBFL you know how hard I work my power supplies and I have not even had even the remotest hint of a failure. I had two of the 36's stacked through the diode isolator and ran them in the garage during summer temperatures for ten days non-stop 24 hours a day. They still work perfectly. I would suggest if you think you might need more than 50 amps buy two of them. The 50's do not require any diode isolators for regulation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.