• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38lsb

nat19

Nov 18, 2009
West Virginia
I have made several contacts on 38lsb in the past couple of days here are just a few.
747-canada
007-missouri
1267-missouri
39-kansas
501-missouri
106-michigan
006-canada
327-new york
147-new jersey
Also made contact with unit 777 Bulldog in maine on 38lsb this morning, I belive he is a member here. Conditions were rough but you were sounding good Bulldog! I am using my galaxy 2547 and a maco 5/8 wave antenna which is 16 feet to the feed point.I go buy 254 so if you hear me give me a shout on 38lsb.

Nice score!

I've been getting North/South skip too - here on the West Coast. Made contacts from Canada to Arizona on 38LSB - and everything in between. Including Colorado, Montana, and Utah the last two days - but no farther East than that. Everything West of the Rockies it seems.

Talked to Larry/'DXman'/WR178 almost every day this week.

I am so glad I started shooting skip on ssb. It opened up a whole new world to me and I love it. I don't have a real great setup yet so I hope to improve it soon and make many more contacts. I hope to talk to another continent if conditions are right.

Nice score!

I've been getting North/South skip too - here on the West Coast. Made contacts from Canada to Arizona on 38LSB - and everything in between. Including Colorado, Montana, and Utah the last two days - but no farther East than that. Everything West of the Rockies it seems.

Talked to Larry/'DXman'/WR178 almost every day this week.

Rob get off the ssb Man Am is were to be i have been talking to Ny,Fl,Nj,Ga,Tx,Bam, I have not been try'n to go north or south ....Only when i hear one of Big Brothers north or south but the east is roll'n

Rob get off the ssb Man Am is were to be i have been talking to Ny,Fl,Nj,Ga,Tx,Bam, I have not been try'n to go north or south ....Only when i hear one of Big Brothers north or south but the east is roll'n
I don't have a beam up yet man. Check out Larry/DXman on this site. He has talked over the whole world on SSB with less than a 100 whiskeys and a Maco 5-element beam. Now that's talkin'!

I have talked to those states you've mentioned - and more. But with a vertical an less than a 100 whiskeys. I wait for conditions for now - and a Maco 4-element beam in the near future.

I hear it from all over the place, but mostly north, south, and east of me here in NW Arkansas. I do best in terms of actually making contacts on LSB. I try some AM, but have difficulty competing with stations running power on my barefoot rig. I hear the west coast some, but do not get beyond the rockies very well.

Last edited:
Got ya Man.... The guys on the ground planes are not having any luck here right now ... Get the Beam up and get you some... Swap next Sat. pick a beam up man....Last Swap a guy gave my buddy a 4-element beam for 10m and we are going to set it up for 11m..I got a pdl2 for $50.00 last year there and a Maco 3-element beam for $40.00 like new Man..

I hear it from all over the place, but mostly north, south, and east of me here in NW Arkansas. I do best in terms f actually making contacts on LSB. I try some AM, but have difficulty competing with stations running power on my barefoot rig. I hear the west coast some, but do not get beyond the rockies very well.

I talked to Crazy Crow yesterday in Arkansas

I have found a place online that sells the Maco 4 element beam -new in the box- for $200 & shipping.
(Actually, DXman gave me that tip where to find it)

Sweet deal.

Mount my IMAX 1/4 wave above it and - shazzam!!!

Robb,
I don't usually turn my beam to the east much, only when I may here the upper N. E. states or the Canadian Provinces - other than them places, it's straight south all day.
But, your ground plane is getting a little hard to hear at times - so get cracking and get that 4 element up!!

I think I'm gonna hook up my OmegaForce with the Astatic TUP9 tomorrow.
That radio/mic never has a problem being heard.
I've gotten so much skip with that radio - it's not even funny...

I've gotten so much skip with that radio - it's not even funny...
That's the way it is with me and the beam...
What I do is listen on the GP and then when I hear some one that I want to talk to, I switch to the beam. Just to many stations in my ear when on the beam.

The homemade three element Yagi I had up was a very good antenna, it seemed, with a great side rejection and good back rejection. The front was good for 3 - 5 S units over my omni. Still, I had trouble getting attention from the west coast. Could do up and down the eastern side of the Rockies all day when it ran that way from here. Guess I needed a bigger one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned