• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 pin Cobra Ca-79 echo/power mic to a 5 pin madison ??

S

SkipMan205

Does any body know the wireing code for the 4 pin cobra ca -79 to a 5 pin madison cb or know a web site i can find it at

I am wanting to put a 5 pin on the cobra CA-79 mic that has a 4 pin right now to work on my 5 pin madison any help would be appreciated

Thanks

</p>

I wouldn't use that mic

That CA-76 will make your Madison sound crappy, trust me. I use an Astatic 636L noise cancelling mic on my Madison, and they swear that I sound like Im running some big watts and a power mike. I have a CA-76, and I didnt like it at all. Just my 2 cents.

5 to 4 Pin 1 is black and sheild
Pin 2 is white (audio)
that should leave you with two colors ? wire them to pins 3 and 4 ...(make sure you have a antenna or dummy loud hooked to the radio) if the radio keys up when you plug the mic in ? just reverse the wires on 3 and 4 and you should be good to go.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.