• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

50 Years of Power from a Battery? Sounds good to me !

Yeah, I think if they can put a city underground, such as the military installations I've heard about, they should put nuclear power plants underneath the earth as well, below the water table if possible. That way, if a meltdown occurs, it would be covered up and not have to worry about any fallout, which is spread by wind. I'm not against nuclear, don't get me wrong here, it's probably the best source for the most energy output, but as long as "people" are involved, there will be accidents. From engineers designing the thing working against the clock to contractors having to cut corners, to the operators making bad decisions from not enough experience. A 50 year battery sounds good, until 50 years later and we have all the nuclear refuse in landfills and burn barrels. You know, if people are involved, there will be problems and accidents with more impact than just global warming.

Reactions: Smokinone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.