• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meter Feedline?

if it's a short run I would just use rg8x (mini)

Make that a very, very short run. Six meters is about the point where things start to take a turn as to what to use for feedlines. Without a doubt, use the very best and lowest loss feedline you can afford. On 6m RG-58 has almost 4 dB loss per 100 feet while Belden 9913 has just 1 db per 100 feet. I use Andrew LDF4-50 which has a bit less than 0.5 dB loss per 100 feet. It's not cheap but I need about 160 feet to reach the antenna so loss is a factor due to length for me.

Reactions: 1 person
Make that a very, very short run. Six meters is about the point where things start to take a turn as to what to use for feedlines. Without a doubt, use the very best and lowest loss feedline you can afford. On 6m RG-58 has almost 4 dB loss per 100 feet while Belden 9913 has just 1 db per 100 feet. I use Andrew LDF4-50 which has a bit less than 0.5 dB loss per 100 feet. It's not cheap but I need about 160 feet to reach the antenna so loss is a factor due to length for me.

by short I mean less than 20 feet (maybe less than 10 really)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.