• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

70 Cm band MUST READ!!

Err.... So I am getting ready to drop $400 on a duel band Kenwood TM-V71A as my first radio. So should I not, and just a get 2 meter? Grrr.

Err.... So I am getting ready to drop $400 on a duel band Kenwood TM-V71A as my first radio. So should I not, and just a get 2 meter? Grrr.

Buy the radio and enjoy the 70 cm band. Don't drink the original posters kool-aid.

I have a question for the original poster: When did the ARRL become a Government Agency? :oops:

I just dropped twice that, basically to do D-Star on 440, and yes, I'd read the post first... :blink:

Obviously I didn't find it compelling.

Look up the paper on medical devices operating in the Radar band.
You will see that the system is so complex in signal addressing and short ranged that a Ham signal and Radar will not interfere and the device will not interfere with any other user.
Look at the frequecy chart.
These peticuar units, by design, do not use 432 to 438 part of the 70cm band where SSB and other modes are in common use.
Get the facts before trying to spread alarm on the subject.

Originally Posted by 505:
"We HAMS, ALL of us have been sold out by the ARRL."

Yes it was called....
Incentive Licensing

This very important news!
I am highly intelligent and articulate...
and I was listening to the 2 M technet last night....
while carefully reading QST magazine

Sorry this seems to be a contradiction....or is it just me?;)

"I am ashamed of myself for placing ANY faith (and money?) in this ARRL fiasco."
"The ARRRL is a group of stuffed shirts"

Well there is hope and after ONLY 1 year as a Amateur operator...:D
I bored and at work...Sorry All... I could not resist...
All the Best
BJ
:rolleyes:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.