• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

95T or RCI 6900FTB???

frmboybuck

***** medic
Apr 3, 2005
Iowa
Which one guys. They should run neck and neck on power shouldnt they? I know the Galaxy will be louder and the RCI will be better on SSB. Wish the Galaxy had the freq coverage of the RCI
Buck

Well i guess it depends on what u will be using the radio for.If you want something that will be "lound and proud" on am then i would for sure go with the 95T but if you want to talk side band then i have heard that the RCI's are better,some say that the 95t is just as good but i dont really talk on sb very much so i cant say for sure.I have had both radios and can say that the 95T is a much louder radio than the RCI.I bought a new ranger and sold it after a week and bought a 95T.It just did not have that booming audio that i wanted.If you want to walk tall in a sea of Mudducks then go with the 95T,just be ready to hear a lot people telling you to turn that *&!# thing down its TO LOUD!

Well as for the overmodulated I have to disagree with you FL Native. If set up right they are LOUD not overmodulated. My old 99V sounded great on AM. What will the 95T do after a good tune??

95T

i have the 95t I it tune dup and swing kit intalled in low power it will dk 4watts and swing to 90w on high power it will dk 100 and swing to about 200w .On ssb it will do about 250w it keep it on low power becuse i bought a 5pill davemade i get nothing but good remarks all over about my moblie setup the 95t on low power make that a box swing good as long as the dead key is not too high . i use a stock mic and people askre me if i have a power mic on it i tel them no i use to have a d-10m6b on it but i put it some how got put on my wifes 33dx hml and repalce with her stock mic lol TO sum it up the 95t is a awsome radio used right

King Mudduck said:
Overmodulated junk????I got news for ya,any radio that you let a golden screwdriver mess with will sound trashy!There is no such thing as a bad radio,just a bad cb tech!

hahaha ya i know i just like rangers better never even seen or used a 6900 so wouldnt really know or the 95T LOL :shock:

but i just prefer ranger radios. oh ya and wanted to up my post count.

6300/6900 Has alot of prooblems. Biggest one most cb techs can't service them since they are smt. But Ranger has alot of design problems with these rigs and they haven't bothered to address them.

I have both the 6300 F150 and the 6900 F150 and I haven't encountered problem #1 yet... These are fine sounding radios and the Audio superb on them... They both hit about 190 to 195 Watts on the peaks and they are more sensitive on receive than my Connex's...

I consistently get 2-3 S-Units higher than the stations I talk too around here, I am sure in part because of my Imax at 150'... None the less, these are superb radios and most anyone will agree, Including Bob's CB Shop and some of the others, that Ranger is among the best in Communication radios.. And after using both of these Radios I can surely attest to that.

The only problem I have heard was with the 2995DX, As it has had some Power supply problems, Right now everyone I have heard from as far as shops has had 20% of them returned... Now Ranger radio's are on back order because they are replacing the 2290's in their "linear" radios with a new transistor...

From here on... I'll have nothing but a Ranger on my Table... The Connex's placing a near 2nd...

The Ranger's you have a newer board in them and overall better than the board in your connex. Yes Ranger is going to SD1446's in these radios it looks like.

SD 1446's... That's what I was looking for. I sent an email too Ranger last week and they responded very quickly and told me about the 2995 and it's back-order status... They also told me about the new "Finals" but couldn't re-call the number off the top of my head... Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned