• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

95T

Coax Kid

May 5, 2006
Hi
What would cuz my 95T to have a SWR of 2:2to1 in the whole range of freq. I pulled it and put in my 93T and I have a good match 1:2to1 on ch. 19. the problem is in the radio but where.

Thanks

The 93T is a good radio, I have one also, the 95 T not sure, change antennas, adjust height for SWR, try to lower your power while testing the SWR, use low power.
Let me know

The antenna system is tuned to the vehicle, not the radio. Swapping a radio out should not change anything and you should not have to te-tune your antenna system to run a different radio. Sounds like a good question for a radio tech.

Hi
The ant. and the coax is tuned to the freq. I use the most and if I go to a diff. freq. then the SWR's should be off. The power is checked also.

Hi
If my coax length and ground is off (Witch it's not) My 93T would have the same problem, Something inside the 95T is out.

Hi Guys
Thank you for all the info about my problem. I took the radio to a local shop and the tech looked over the radio made a couple of adj's. said it was ok, I'm going over all my grounds and conn's. again thanks so much, I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you guys, I know you guys know more than I do.

Coax kid

No problem at all. I was responding based on the fact that you said your antenna system was A-Ok. If it was or is then whatever radio you run should be fine as well. So was it the radio or not?

that antenna system should work with whatever radio you instal the only time ive seen swr problems on one setup is between different Amplifiers. I have also seen loose or shorted PL259 connectors cause havoc. Also are you running the same output power from each radio when testing this?? That to makes a difference at times

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.