• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

980 talkback resistor

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
Anyone know yet the layout of the 980's? Which resistor goes to the talkback section? Don't know about all 980's, but my 980 talkback set on 1 is really loud, can't tell much diff set on 1 or 15.

There are you tube videos on the resistor that needs to be clipped or removed for the beep removal. Google it. Not sure of it myself as I don't own one, but have researched them a bit as I was going to get one but changed my mind after I got a uniden PC122xl for 40 dollars. Good luck and hopefully someone that has done the mod can chime in.

????

There aren't any schematics available for the 980. You'll have to dig around the board yourself to find it. There's a few 980 threads on here that get bumped from time to time with anything new.

So you want it quieter than setting 1?

SSB USB/LSB
7-Color Backlighting
Noise Canceling Mic
Variable Talkback
Radio Diagnostics
Wireless Mic Compatible
Large Digital S/RF / SWR Meter
Frequency Display
NOAA Weather
Dynamic Squelch Control
ANL / Noise Blanking
ANL / Noise
Memory Scan
Clarifier
Volume/Squelch Control
RF Gain Control
Instant Channel 9/19
CB / PA Switch
Mic Gain 4-Position Control
40 Channel AM Operation
Laser Etched Keys
Extra Long Mic Cord
Channel Indicator
Includes 6 Pin to 4 Pin Adapter
Dimmer Switch Day/Night

So you want it quieter than setting 1?

Im using a 2018(mic talkback is all the way down). And unless something is wrong with my radio, setting 1 is as louud as 15. Plus the mic talkback feature doesnt wok with this radio anyhow, nor with my cobra 148 side mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.