• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

a fatboy amp?

I run a 2 pill AB Bulletproof on the base with two 1446 finals. No way in he!! will you get ,"350 watts PEP all day long". Sorry just trying to keep it real. Your amp must be an AM Power or a Fatboy bought from this Swedishimpi dude on E-Bay. They both make some crazy wattage claims.

I run a 2 pill AB Bulletproof on the base with two 1446 finals. No way in he!! will you get ,"350 watts PEP all day long". Sorry just trying to keep it real. Your amp must be an AM Power or a Fatboy bought from this Swedishimpi dude on E-Bay. They both make some crazy wattage claims.

the most i saw from the ts amp was 250w on a good day. then again id hit it with a 6w dk swing to 25w, it got hot it & bled like a bitch in season.
@ remo actually if you go down to 20-22mhz on FM or WFM u can hear all the folks from channel 6 super bowl.

It does not say fatboy anywhere in the listing, why do you think it's a fatboy? That said looks like someone got someone got some cases and hand built an amp based on a standard class C comp style box. Send the seller a PM and ask.

Very few can run at 17 volts. No one will actually see anything close to 700 watts from a 1x2 amp. I don't really even like the 1x2 set-up anyway. Get a 2 pill with 2879's and your good to go.

Very few what can run at 17 volts? 700 Pep is easily attainable at 17 volts, more if you go higher in volts

am power :bdh:

from the looks of the case it looks like my buddys fatboiiii .... guess im wrong.
dont you think a 2x1446s has more slap in the face AUDIO, then 2x2879s? yes 2879 produce more x wattage then 1446.
but i seem to hear much Louder audio from 1446s then 2879s

Pills'/transistors don't provide audio gain.

the most i saw from the ts amp was 250w on a good day. then again id hit it with a 6w dk swing to 25w, it got hot it & bled like a bitch in season.
@ remo actually if you go down to 20-22mhz on FM or WFM u can hear all the folks from channel 6 super bowl.

a Texas star is a biased amp and requires low drive

deadkeying 6 watts into it I am surprised you werent able to cook bacon and eggs of off it

here is a reply from the mate who bought my ts 250 off eBay:

Its funny you asked about the amp, we tuned it a little bit here in the shop, hooked it up to a stock RCI 2950, we have an older , vertical 10-11 meter vertical antenna, every time we hit the microphone we were getting replies from around the world, we have an older 5 element longjohn beam up tuned for both bands, we are located just west of Oklahoma City on I-40, truck stop CB shop type of operation, we let drivers come in, hammer the amp for a few weeks. one guy came in said he was from Maine wanted to know if we would put it on the beam and him try to talk to his wife in Maine, bingo, first try she came back, I really thought she was out in the parking lot yanking our leg., then he called her long distance, then he moved over to another frequency and called for a friend that ran a CB shop in Bangor, Maine, same result, the guy plunked down $1,900.00, took the vertical, the beam, the radio and amp, and the Astron power supply, all the cables, he didn't want us to help him take it down.he put it all in his trailer, came back a couple weeks later and bought a brand new cobra 148gtl we had played with, kicked it up to 75 watts output and three different 40 channel bands, then the next week his friend in the CB shop wanted another 148 and instructions on how we modified it. Up until now the amp has produced over $2500.00 in sales profits. I have used the schematic on the amp and built a amp for HF, hooked up to an Icom IC-730,getting about 750 watts on AM, with about 1400 on CW and SSB. all through a newer version of the Antron 99 vertical. we are building another 5 element beam, I have a truck driver slobbering over the set up now, I bought another Icom IC-730 on Ebay for $147.00, finals blown, using the newer high power transistors running into yet another home made amp we are expecting 2000 watts SSB. Looks like that driver is gonna get him a ICom 730, the guy at the transistor supply house calls us by name.
Many thanks, Carl kc5rtm

... all i asked for is there output numbers from the amp...... guess someone else has it now.... "maybe its magical?" (only kidding).

@MrSuburban it got hot REAL hot... but it worked 29 and 11AM driving wit a s9.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.