• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Strange Looking Dwight D on Ebay

Interesting.

Well on the far off chance that the seller is a forum member and heard us, the seller should definitely take the top off and take a few pictures of the insides.
there is more than just one custom change made to this radio and i wonder if there might be internal mods as well.
LC

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
ok so just wanted to comment on the new pics in the ad, it looks like someone must've had a speaker installed instead of the clock.
i say had installed because this looks to be very professionally done, but the quality of the pictures isn't great so there may be sins hiding in the darkness.

i think that 'president' plate may actually be inset in that grill. can't really tell.

that heatsink definitely doesn't look stock to me and i wonder what it's being used for. (most likely being used for power supply since they probably had to remove the old brackets to fit the speaker).

i wanted to point out the stars on the faceplate where you would normally have the 'On the air' light.

they aren't lit in the picture that shows the radio on, so i wonder if they light up on transmit?

IDK this radio is interesting.
(no im not going to buy it)
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.