• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A video tour around my old time shop and ham shack

Thanks for the video. I once helped a retired radio/TV repairman move to a smaller house, in exchange for helping him move he gave me TRUCK LOADS of old test equipment, radios, parts, publications ect. Much of it I sold at a swap meet, and some of it I still have, but because I did not have room to store it all, sadly some of it had to be thrown out. ( it makes me cringe to admit that ) Believe it or not I could not give some of the stuff away. I tried. Looking back I wish I would have found a way to save it. Seeing what you do with this old stuff is great. I should really focus on learning how to use the stuff I have. Keep up the good work.

That was probably a gold mind lol.
But I understand that it is hard to keep when you have no room. Many many years ago I was buying a house from a person. They went bankrupt. I lost the house. This forced me to move quickly. I had tons of old gear. I moved into a single wide home and had no place to store it. Some I took to a friends, other stuff I put in trash bags and stored under the house. After being there for a year a lot of it became trash.

Now I collect what I can. Since I work on vintage gear you cannot always get the part needed for a repair. So you substitute another part from a piece of gear. My wife cause me a hoarder lol. She does not have the passion for radio that I have.

Glad you liked the video.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.