• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A99 VS. I MAX CHOICE AT IMPROPER HIGHT

Mine I just coiled the coax 18" below the SO-239 made 5 turns at 4.25" ID. Made a real difference bleeding over anything and everything. SWR's did not change a bit I basically can go from 18-30Mhz with 1.7:-1.8:1 and at 26-28Mhz are under 1.5:1 acording to the Mfj analyzer.

I didn't make my own choke. .
I decided to go with an MFJ 915, and if it did anything at all it definitely stopped that annoying SWR warning light from flickering while I modulated even though my SWR was 1.1:1.
I assume it was stray RF getting into my shack from the coax (feed line).
It most likely was causing other problems. I couldn't tell you exactly wha all those problems were, but I did notice a lower SWR.
I'm assuming it actually did not lower my SWR just stop straight RF from giving me false readings.
It definitely was worth the $30 + that I paid for it.
If for any reason someone cannot make their own choke (air wound) don't hesitate to purchase an MFJ 9:15.
It absolutely did, and does work (for me).
Mine I just coiled the coax 18" below the SO-239 made 5 turns at 4.25" ID. Made a real difference bleeding over anything and everything. SWR's did not change a bit I basically can go from 18-30Mhz with 1.7:-1.8:1 and at 26-28Mhz are under 1.5:1 acording to the Mfj analyzer.

I didn't make my own choke. .
I decided to go with an MFJ 915, and if it did anything at all it definitely stopped that annoying SWR warning light from flickering while I modulated even though my SWR was 1.1:1.
I assume it was stray RF getting into my shack from the coax (feed line).
It most likely was causing other problems. I couldn't tell you exactly wha all those problems were, but I did notice a lower SWR.
I'm assuming it actually did not lower my SWR just stop straight RF from giving me false readings.
It definitely was worth the $30 + that I paid for it.
If for any reason someone cannot make their own choke (air wound) don't hesitate to purchase an MFJ 9:15.
It absolutely did, and does work (for me).

Thought out the spectrum?

I saw a few were they placed it as I did @18" below feed point( SO-239 ) and another at the outside of were it went into, but for me I would have to crawl under the house and do it or do it right at the inside curious in that, another I saw close to feed point inches looked like on a fiberglass pole top and a foot or so again above ground at the base same coiling and went into pvc under ground to their shack. Any benifts to either way I just did the one 18" below feed point 5 turns at 4.25" ID.

So far so good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.