• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AC mobile Information

WolfRadio.com said:
........posted these pics of the WCS (Wolf Caged Series) M-5 Unit, four tube - 264 - grid driven pentode box. I though the guys on this thread might appreciate them a lot more. Enjoy

Wolf

WolfRadio.com said:

OK, now that you have our attention, have you got any more pics?

I looked up that Eimac 264 (PL8576) tube and it is the real deal, 5000 volts at 2 amps plate cuttent for a single tube.

How's about a little info on how you developed the High voltage powersupply.

That power supply used 6 Peter Dahl transformers each hooked to a 200 amp Leese, each trans had its own rectifier board, all in parallel. With two 5kv oil caps and 220 watt bleeder resistors. Max power output; almost 30-kw’s with 30 watts drive!

I have more pics…. I just need to get them uploaded.

Wolf

55 AMPS

55 IN FL IS A CROOK DON'T BUY NOTHING FROM HIM. HE MAKE YOU SOUND LIKE A DUCK AND HE HAS 2 BIRD WATT METERS AT HIS HOUSE WHERE HE SHOW YOU FALSE WATTS.

Re: 55 AMPS

youngest man said:
55 IN FL IS A CROOK DON'T BUY NOTHING FROM HIM. HE MAKE YOU SOUND LIKE A DUCK AND HE HAS 2 BIRD WATT METERS AT HIS HOUSE WHERE HE SHOW YOU FALSE WATTS.

lol

You talk crap about him, then openly brag about running his antennas?

Reason #1, 2 and 3 I got out of the CB business.

No loyalty from your customers
Customers don't know what they are talking about
Customers will blindly screw you when they know not what they say.

Three things that can kill a shop, three things that other "customers" listen to, and three things that will get the shop owners blood boiling over.

Sorry, but had to point that out. You complain of 55, then brag about running his short shaft antenna.

You going to tell us that he tunes his antennas using that same "55 fixed" wattmeters? If so, then why you running them?

--Had 2 Ask

youngest man said:
If you are that worried about false readings , take your own meter.

youngest man said:
If you are that worried about false readings , take your own meter.

big britches said:
best thing I can tell you is to go somewhere out in the country and buy yourself about a thousand acres with a big hill sitting right in the middle.....then put you a mobile home up there on it and dig you a well.........then have the light company come out and run you some healthy power to this place.....then get you a decent base station set up.......with a 100 foot jack up tower rig and a big jo gunn beam system........then you can talk when you want and then if you get bored with it, you can shut it off and do something else.......of course this all cost lots of money...but it is the best way to do this......and oh yes, be at least a mile from your nearest neighbor.......

the mobile idea is a nice one, but it will not get you where you want to be....to be really good at it, you have to have a powerful base station and not only that but it is much easier to maintain and to operate and is much safer to operate as well....

oh yes, one more thing....I think most of the people who operate on channel 6 these days know each other pretty well and I think it has probably been this way for a very long time. So to do any good there, you must come in like gang busters so they have no other option except to talk to you....this is why I say do the base thing. The mobiles are nice to play with but they are expensive and when you do not feel like playing with it, it sits idle in the garage. once you mess with these cars, you must constantly be maintaining them and fixing them. and it can be a big hassle , much more so than a big base station, a big butt chair, a nice cigar and a ice cold drink......of course I could be wrong....

now don't get me wrong , there are some big mobiles that get out there and talk a lot.....barnaby jones comes to mind. but they all know him and when he talks they talk to him. but who is to say that they will do that for you? maybe you are known out there. all I am saying is think long and hard before you make the plunge...of course it is your money and you can do as you wish. but with the economy going in the tank as we sit here and type, I am not sure if a big financial outlay on cb radio equipment at this time is really a good idea...

just a thought....

I was actually going to bring up Barnaby when I was reading your post.

He helped me mount some alternators in my old Bighorn build DC pickup. When I helped him tune his Burban, at a KMart parking lot, we saw >18 grand output... And this was into a 5 element beam on somethin like a 30 foot push up.

So, yeah, Barnaby get up, and get's out, but he's also running a 4 wheel base station. He goes somewhere, sets up, talks, and then if that doesn't work, he goes home and whips your ass with the big box :)

Man, I miss hangin out at Barnaby's house. He's a good dude, and has some AWESOME equipment.

--Toll_Free

big britches said:
well toll , is he still using that 16 pill sonny built driver that he always blows up because of a bad match? :)

Last time I talked to Barnaby he wasn't talking on anything but them gums.... It was at a break somewhere in the South...

I'm out in Callie-foh-knee-uh again... Sittin 1200 feet above the Monterey Bay.. In the Redwoods :)

I ought to call that duckplucker, though... He always had some interesting project on the back burner. His 4CX5000 box is what I modeled mine after, btw.

--Toll_Free

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.