• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ac power cord for a tram d201

Now you know why so many D201s end up with normal 4-pin mike socket installed in place of the original.

The original lock-ring style plug will be tough to track down. Hosfelt electronics at www.hosfelt.com has a straight-barrel male plug that will fit the socket, stock number DP4M, $1.99. Don't know what their minimum order is. It will work the same as the original, until you pull the mike cord too far, and it pulls out of the socket.

The power plug will be one of two. You didn't specify which.

The older two-pin socket was being sold at Surplus Sales of Nebraska, www.surplussales.com . Stock number is "WCC", price is one buck, but they have a minimum too, no doubt.

The newer three-prong socket was used on later 23-channel radios and on all the 40-channel D201A radios. The Belden stock number was 17280. It was a common, everyday office-machine cord in 1976, but hard to track down now.

That's why we spent over $300 for a tool to punch a more-normal size hole for a standard "IEC" socket. After one of those is installed, a normal computer power cord from any office-supply store will fit the radio. Not sure how many more radios we'll have to punch that hole into before we break even on the tool. Probably already broke even on aggravation alone, trying to track down Belden 17280 cords.

Unless the last 30 years' maintenance has been "caught up" on the radio, finding the cord and mike plug will be just the beginning of the fun. Like the chinese say, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

hello nomad gald it was you who replyed . i have the three prong plug. thanks for the info. a four pin mike plug sounds good to me :D :D and thanks for the pm on the dm 2x8 on ssb i am looking at the 16 pill dm.and that rci 2950 that you did years ago is still kicking some butt. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: thanks,stonecold in cali.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.