• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Acom 1011 Amplifier

Denmark

Oct 10, 2008
Denmark
I'm getting one of those in December and i have been looking in the manuel for tunning it the propper way, and and i can see were the load and plate needs to be on each band so i wounder if any one know how it done the rigth way so i dont below anything up.
I know that the MAX power the amp can handle is 60watt
But what mode section is best for proper tunning : CW/USB/LSB/AM/FM

My radio setup is :

Radio :Yaesu FT450D

3 Element MONO Band ZX Beam

The amp will be used in 11meter band

Greetings Denmark

Last edited:
Thanx waverider i'll have a peek in the first link

Just still woundering what mode i need to select : CW/USB/LSB/AM/FM

Maybe it dont matter huh it been to many years since i used amp well and those was zetagi italien made ones and not a proper amp like the one i'm getting, it alot of money i'll spend so i just dont like too distory it the first time in use(y)

Thanx waverider i'll have a peek in the first link

Just still woundering what mode i need to select : CW/USB/LSB/AM/FM

Maybe it dont matter huh it been to many years since i used amp well and those was zetagi italien made ones and not a proper amp like the one i'm getting, it alot of money i'll spend so i just dont like too distory it the first time in use(y)

Looks like a nice amp, most manufactures reccomend tuning in the low voltage or CW position then once tuned switch to the SSB or high voltage and use it for phone on SSB.

Your amplifier will come with detailed instructions on how to tune it in the manual.

this amp had caught my interest also but i am undecided on the 1010 or 1011. I don't know is there any truth to the rumours of scarceness of the svetlana tube. in the 1010

Hey Waverider

Thanx for the helping hand i just looked in the manule and it says something about do the tunning in CW with low power and then when it tuned raise up the driver power on the radio and then your done looks easy enoff..

To fodendaf

Yes that also slipped my mind on those tubes thats why i'm getting the 1011 model it also got 2 tubes instat of just 1 :whistle:

one tube should be better though. a local hamateur I know recently blew one tube in a dual tube sb200. i think its a similar problem to series lorry batteries, that is when one tube gets weak the other tube quickly kills it. whereas with a single tube amp it can be run until the valve gets completely worn out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.