• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AGITATORS

KBAG3255

Jul 11, 2008
Hello

Anybody have any advice on how to handle
a few agitators?

We have a small net that meets at night( LSB) and these
clowns keep coming in and make insulting comments and threats.

We tried moving freq's a few times but they just follow.
I dont think these guys work, because they seem to be
on all the time, like they are just waiting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KBAG3255

What ever you do, do not let them know you hear them. Get with your buddy's off the air and come up with a plan. One thing I have done before is even if they are interfering with you, you all just keep talking like if nothings there, it drives them crazy and they will stop. Is this on CB or ham? good luck.

Use FM on the RC channels. Years back that would drive the people with the cheaper radios nuckin' futs. :D

What ever you do, do not let them know you hear them. Get with your buddy's off the air and come up with a plan. One thing I have done before is even if they are interfering with you, you all just keep talking like if nothings there, it drives them crazy and they will stop. Is this on CB or ham? good luck.

Some of these guys have their tech tickets.

There are four or five of them and I dont have
a clue who they are. I am sure they dont work,
they are on 24/7.

It gets annoying after a while. We tried ignoring
they just go to AM and throw carriers with linear amplifiers.

They are foul mouthed and extremely insulting.

I am ready to just give up, they toally messed up my DX ing
during beggining of July.

The FM on RC sounds like a good idea. I will try that.

Thanks for your input everybody, I will keep checking this post, and let you
know how things work out.

If they have their tech tickets, do you know their call signs? It's not exactly the "cb way", but you could record them and turn them into the fcc if you know their call signs.

RF Bomb. :angry:
Figure out where they live.
Take small cheap hand held and 4' fiberglass cheap crap antenna.
Hide the raido and antenna in a tree close to their house.
Power the radio off of a car battery buried or concealed at the base of the tree.
Radio will run 2 weeks or longer before the battery dies. :rolleyes:

(I heard this, I would never personally do this abut 20 years back to a foul mouthed lout that used to do us the same way on CB on CH 26.)

(No sir! not me.)

Hello

Anybody have any advice on how to handle
a few agitators?

We have a small net that meets at night( LSB) and these
clowns keep coming in and make insulting comments and threats.

We tried moving freq's a few times but they just follow.
I dont think these guys work, because they seem to be
on all the time, like they are just waiting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KBAG3255

Hmmmm..... back in the day, this would be a good candidate for a "visit". Nowadays, that's probably not as recommended.

Power the radio off of a car battery buried or concealed at the base of the tree.

(I heard this, I would never personally do this abut 20 years back to a foul mouthed lout that used to do us the same way on CB on CH 26.)

(No sir! not me.)

This is what I was about to suggest. I was told a radio from a radiio controlled car and a few nine volts. Solder all the contacts from the joysticks together and it will lock the band down.

There just isn't any way to get rid of agitators 'instantaneously', it takes a while. Really, the best way to really aggravate them is to simply ignore them. Retaliating in any way is just falling into the trap of playing their 'game'. Doing a lot of listening is one way to find out who they may be. That takes time too. But, once you do know who they are, you have something to 'use' against them. I'm sure you can see where that could lead. Oh well. Ain't no easy way, but some ways are certainly better than others. If a 'way' puts you on the wrong side of the possible consequences, it's the wrong way. That's your decision though...
- 'Doc

(No sir! not me.)

You need one of these! Website for the jamming device

Thats pretty much what I described. Except when we didn't do this about 20 years ago solar cells werent readily available. If you used a solar cell to keep the battery charged, you could use a simple IC timer circuit to turn the HT on and off at the times you knew the loudmouth would be on the channel. Now if he is running power (which most of the loudmouth jerks do) you won't keep him off of the air, but the dead carrier will drive him nuts every time he gets off of the key. :D

There just isn't any way to get rid of agitators 'instantaneously', it takes a while. Really, the best way to really aggravate them is to simply ignore them. Retaliating in any way is just falling into the trap of playing their 'game'. Doing a lot of listening is one way to find out who they may be. That takes time too. But, once you do know who they are, you have something to 'use' against them. I'm sure you can see where that could lead. Oh well. Ain't no easy way, but some ways are certainly better than others. If a 'way' puts you on the wrong side of the possible consequences, it's the wrong way. That's your decision though...
- 'Doc
I agree. Sometimes all it takes, is to know who they are. I did that a couple times, where one guy would keep them talking, and I would track their signal, find them, get a few blocks away, and then I'd say something like, "I see you...yeah, you, in the dark blue ford pickup... Yeah, the one with the 102" whip on the left corner of the bumper!"
I'd never hear them key up again:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.