• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AL-811 amp and magnum 257hp

Ha! No I'm keeping it legal. I guess I should have stated that earlier. I can run 200w legal limit for tech on 10m right now until I pass the general in probably a month or so. I can also legally run whatever into a dummy load. In all seriousness though I don't even have a tuner that handles over 300w right now so no worries about breaking the rules.

Ha! No I'm keeping it legal. I guess I should have stated that earlier. I can run 200w legal limit for tech on 10m right now until I pass the general in probably a month or so. I can also legally run whatever into a dummy load. In all seriousness though I don't even have a tuner that handles over 300w right now so no worries about breaking the rules.

What was that saying? rules are made to be broken:whistle:

Attachments

• AL-80B-Rear-Panel.jpg
    AL-80B-Rear-Panel.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 140
I thought it was mono not RCA.

I'm going the foot switch route for radios that don't have the output plug.

RCA connectors ARE "mono": one switched connection, one ground.

Heil makes a footswitch containing two independent microswitches, one for the radio and one for the amplifier. The pedal is made so that one switch actuates a bit before the other, just like it's supposed to.

RCA connectors ARE "mono": one switched connection, one ground.

Heil makes a footswitch containing two independent microswitches, one for the radio and one for the amplifier. The pedal is made so that one switch actuates a bit before the other, just like it's supposed to.

I'd be interested in that Heil switch. Got a model/part number or link?

Are you saying that RCA's operate in a a MONO type of mode? I was referring to the type of plug that they would accept.

I'm glad you said something. I thought that was a mono jack out back. I'll have to make sure to get a foot pedal with the RCA out (like the one that you recommended) or get an adapter. I would like one with both so I can key a mic and an amp.

A mono jack is simply a jack that has one ground terminal, usually the outer shell that mounts in the panel, and one other terminal that gets wired to whatever. RCA. 1/8 inch headphone, 1/4 inch headphone, 3/32 inch remote jacks etc are all mono jacks. The last three can also be stereo jacks if they have two terminals other than the ground connection. Don't confuse mono or stereo with the actual type of connector.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.