• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Al Bundy Antenna??

spottedlizard

Jun 21, 2005
Hey, has anybody ever heard of this antenna? The CB shop over here in Fontana, Ca. sold a buddy of mine this supposed awesome antenna for like $75 and I think he got took! Hell he could have bought a 10k for that! Anyway, these hack's are talkin' it up like the best thing since sliced bread....anyone know anything about these. It has an air coil and about a 9" shaft, probably about 5' total length with whip in place.

I used the "Kelly Bundy" antenna. It was so...incredibly exciting opening the box and then fitting the pieces together...#$&&#....sorry, dear.

Never even put it up. Just keep it in the back of the closet for those "special times"... :p

spottedlizard said:
Hey, has anybody ever heard of this antenna? The CB shop over here in Fontana, Ca. sold a buddy of mine this supposed awesome antenna for like $75 and I think he got took! Hell he could have bought a 10k for that! Anyway, these hack's are talkin' it up like the best thing since sliced bread....anyone know anything about these. It has an air coil and about a 9" shaft, probably about 5' total length with whip in place.

For a Semi-truck this antenna would not be quite as effecient as a top loaded antenna. With it's small shaft the load of this atenna is considered a bottom load antennna. Which is not as good as a top loaded antenna IMHO. Always try to get the load of your antenna as high as possible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.