• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alignment point for Texas Ranger TR-296

I use this generator, a D-104 lollipop so hat I can keep the mic keyed up, point it directly facing the computer's monitor speaker, adjust my mic level, and then adjust USB and then LSB. No other noise/sound in the room when you to it, otherwise it will change the reading. It works. Also use the same process to tune/peak the TX coils in USB mode, except that I turn the mic gain down to read just 10w - then peak. When doing AM, I just turn off the generator and turn the mic gain down to '0' and then key it up; dead key with no modulation.

Freesound.org - "TONE 1 kHz 44.1 16bit.wav" by klangfabrik

that buddy of mine uses just a hand held mic and nothing else in the room with him and he does it in several short bust then he will check it with his generator later. before he puts the covers on it. he does this 6 days a week just about every week until christmas time he closes down and goes to Houstan for 1 week . he has been doing this for over 40 years and no other source of income. he can do stuff to radios that some just wish they could do. he is 62 now and started with his dad when he was just a teenager after school and week ends. now he has been on his own for years and makes a good living and is about the cheapest in price around for repairs. every one else claims work is slow but he stays fairly busy.

It's also easy to take a dpdt switch, , a mic plug, an 1/8" audio plug and some cable to make a keyer/injector. I use Audacity and a laptop. Store the files single tone or two tone signals at preset mv settings. I use 30 and 40mv signals depending on what the service manual calls for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.