• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AM Station in RI Flood

KB1TPX

W1MBZ
Jul 22, 2008
Warwick, RI 02818
Bill Blount: WARV in RI is making progress from the flood. The station is now back to Full power and sounds great! (We're using the transmitter that was flooded...we cleaned it and dried it out....now it works again. Nautel transmitters are great!)

Bill Blount: WARV in RI is making progress from the flood. The station is now back to Full power and sounds great! (We're using the transmitter that was flooded...we cleaned it and dried it out....now it works again. Nautel transmitters are great!)

Been saying that for about 27 years! For some reason I was thinking the TX was tube type,don't ask me why. That was my fear about being able to reuse it, all that wet high voltage stuff. All Nautel transmitters are solidstate. I was in the broadcast business for 22 years and ran a few Nautels,in fact one of my stations, CFAB, had the very first Nautel AMFET-1 1000 watt AM transmitter ever made serial #1. :D When Nautel started making 5-7 Kw FM transmitters they needed a test station in that power class to field test it. CKWM-FM fit the bill nicely as we were using an old Harris 5 kw tx and field tested the very first Nautel 7 Kw FM transmitter, again serial # 1, for six months. How were we so lucky to be on the ground floor you ask? Nautels are made right here in Nova Scotia! They also have a plant in Waterville Maine BTW. Nautel is a contraction of Nautical Laboratories and first started making longwave navigational beacon transmitters for the coast guard and aircraft industries. Bill should write an article and send it to Nautel as I KNOW they would love to use the info in promotions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.