• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Announcing Coverage Of Dayton Hamvention by the Worldwide Radio Forum!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
That's right!

On Friday May 15th and Saturday May 16th, Happy_Hamer and I will be attending the 2009 Dayton Hamvention and providing periodic updates, pictures, and comments on the forum throughout each day. We will be meeting with as many of the major product manufacturers as we can to bring new product news and announcements to all the members of this site in real time.

As we traverse the convention, we will be taking pictures (and hopefully video) of interesting new products that we will post here for all those that can't make it to see several times each day. We will also try to provide brief comments until we can provide full feedback later in the day.

You can also follow me on Twitter to get brief updates of what we're seeing and anything interesting in real time. During the Hamvention, check here often for photos throughout the day. We'll also post the wierd and whacky :eek: and anything interesting from the swap.

If there is something of particular interest that you would like us to check out, be sure and let us know!

Only one month until the show.....

Funny I wes just talking about going there aswell. Im not sure whats happening yet. Have fun and show us the good stuff!!!!

Man if I had extra room here I'd shack ya guys up for the weekend;But I don't have the room :( I'm only 25 min.s north of the Hamvention and have been goin for years now. I don't know what I'll do when they move it elsewhere!!! Maybe we can hook-up when we're there guys. I'm planning on going Friday and Saturday both. I don't bother w/Sunday anymore,just nothing but junk left by then. You can win door prizes that were unclaimed tho. Anyways,I'll PM you guys when we get closer to the start line.LOL!!

BTW:Great idea for the other forum members!

73.Slim

Hey Slim...we're going to be there Friday and Saturday, too. Maybe you can show us what to do in the evenings.

I don't know why they don't do this at Vegas...it would be so much more fun ;)

Slim

Be sure to get in touch with us.

I bought my son a video camera and he will be coming to the fest also. I will slip him a few $$$ to video tape some stuff for us.

Holy $h!T man.Vegas??? I'd never get to enjoy it then.LOL! Honestly,I agree it would be better out there too.Much better exposure,more big bucks,bigger spenders and such! I'll enjoy it while it's here for now anyways. My dad took me when I was around 12 or 13 and I couldn't believe all the stuff(gear). Compared to his "boat anchors" of that time I was as amazed as he was at the new gear. I only wish I had listened to him and got licensed way back then when he was pushing me to. Man I have missed a lot of fun!!! Oh well,
better late than never.
As far as what to do in the evenings afterwards,your guess is as good as mine! I'm usually in a BIG hurry to get home and play w/my goodies and throw back some cold ones. I also like to scan around the bands and listen to what everyone else picked up at the show. I'll tell ya this much,stay away from the "west-side" of Dayton and also the area surrounding Hara arena where it's held.That's gotten to be a bad area the last few years! Keep an eye on the Hamvention website for contacts with questions pertaining to entertainment and such as those fellas will be better qualified than I!!! If I hear anything locally I'll try and pass it along.
Well,Nascars on and I gotta catch 'em!
Later guys.Slim.

(y)(y) You guys are going to enjoying this waay too much! :drool: wish i was going, Turkey hunting starts for me on the 13th and i have to work that weekend. So have fun, and don't "stimulate" the economy too much. What the F is all this twitter shiite!:headbang it's all about the antennas and wattage.(y)

I would be interested in seeing some of the new product line from Buddipole. I have heard of some nice stuff that has already come or is coming out. Thanks KI4MSJ/YI9MSJ Iraq

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.