• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna opinion plz!

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Well im finally getting back into cbs. I have two cheap antennas on my truck and they dont get out worth a crap:angry: I was wanting to get a monkey made but this is what im working with..
IMG_0601.jpg
its about 8 ft to the top of the lights and dont want something thats going to snap off when i go off roading. Im was told to put the antenna onto of the roll bar for best performance. Now im just wanting an antenna that will do the job... Am planning on running close to 1,000 watts at some point in time and would just like a second opinion.. Mabey a wilson?

if you want less that 4 foot id suggest a k40 power stick or skipshooter maybe . they wont keep up with a 1000/102/10k though .
a 102-108 on that roll bar would perform best though . it wont snap off when off roading , the mount will fail b4 the 102 . get a good mount !

just curious why it needs to be less than 4 feet tall ???
the munky maid will be taller than 4 foot . a dual coil 10k is gona be about the shortest high performance antenna that will handle 1 kilowatt .

My truck is set up pretty much the same way. I use a 10k when in town on the roll bar. I switch to a 102" when I head off road. The 102 is on a quick disconnect and works perfect. I run nothing less than 800 watts up to 1200 and both antennas work awsome.

You know, thinking about it i might as well go with a 10k... stupid question.. Ive never had a 10k but can you get a magnet mount with it or is it perm? Thanks... Sorry for all the questions..

a 10k can work fine on a 3 or 4 magnet mag mount . i prefer a hole mount myself but i understand that sometimes it just isnt an option for some folks .
kales 10k site on wwrf is still available to look at but it cant find it on the regular forum list and you cant post to it . lots of great 10k info though !

Predator 10K Antennas - WorldWide Radio Forum

One suggestion for the 'off-road' thingy is to use a 102"'er and a bumper/chain mount. Best option? Beats me, but ought to be at least as good as mounting higher and getting knocked around a lot. Just ain't no -one- best antenna. There are a lot of good antennas for various particular installations/situations. One of the best reasons for not mounting an antenna as high as you can get it, is having to go back and pick it up off the ground cuz' it got knocked off. Oh well...
- 'doc

The newer 10ks have the fatter stinger. I have a older one with the smaller stinger and a 55 antenna with the fatter stinger. For use with a mag mount I like the skinny stinger better. Dont get knocked off when you hit things

And something you really don't want to hear, is that a mag-mount just isn't the 'best' way to go if you have a choice. Not having a choice, it'll work.
- 'Doc

On my roll bar i have a metel plate where the KC lights are... Im sure i can have a buddy build me a plate for it... If mounting it perm is better than thats what ill go with... I would go out and take a pic of what im working with but its -3

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.